Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I just think I found proof!

(12 Posts)
notsofrownieface Sat 29-Sep-12 22:40:40

I have suspected for a while that dp has been seeing someone else. I have not been able to prove it.

About 3 months ago I looked at his phone a found a few suspect texts, nothing incriminating but enough to arouse my suspicions.

Now 3 months later I find out that my 'd'p and this woman have a fair few mutual friends including 'd' p's sister on facebook. (Up until now I believed she did not use face book, so I didn't send a friend request).
[SA
I am an idiot arnt I sad

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sat 29-Sep-12 22:42:58

You sure they're not just friends as friends should be?

The fact she's on fb doesn't prove anything. And if his sister is also friends with ow then he's not hiding it very well.

Unless I've misunderstood your post?

sookiesookie Sat 29-Sep-12 22:45:39

I don't want to sound harsh, but i don't think you have found anything.
if he knows her well enough to text he would know her well enough to be friends on fb.

Also my dbro was on fb for 6 months before i knew, he kept forgetting to add me. I wasn't bothered.

Do you think the sisters account was hidden on purpose?

notsofrownieface Sat 29-Sep-12 22:49:22

I don't think you have, I think that 'p' sees fb as a private entity.

The biggest thing is that I have sent him a text about the suspect ow, and an hour later no reply.

notsofrownieface Sat 29-Sep-12 22:51:22

This has been months in the making! A night away here and there because of parents. how long does it take to clear a loft?

ToothbrushThief Sat 29-Sep-12 22:56:39

You are not making a lot of sense tbh OP

It's like we are hearing 5% of a conversation that we should already know the background to (but we don't)

notsofrownieface Sat 29-Sep-12 23:06:21

I am not the best person for this! Hopefully I can get my thoughts in order smile

SavoyCabbage Sat 29-Sep-12 23:08:48

So, do you know this woman you think he's having an affair with already?

sookiesookie Sat 29-Sep-12 23:12:22

I am really sorry OP, I still don't get it.

I am not been awful, but are you drunk? or very emotional as you are not making sense.

If you are drunk are you going to regret checking his fb tomorrow? what text did you send him 'i see you are friends with 'berta' on fb'. Its not proof.

Sorry about the choice of berta for her name, seemed as good as any,

RobynRidingHood Sat 29-Sep-12 23:15:03

So. Your partner and his sister have the same FB friend? The same circle of friends in fact? And he visits and helps his parents?

You've text him and acused him of having an affair with one of his friendship circle?

There must be a whole background here you aren't giving out to come to a conclusion like that.

squeakytoy Sat 29-Sep-12 23:22:40

It took me a week to clear the loft at my parents house after my mum died. It would probably take longer to clear my MILs as there are 3 lofts in the house all crammed with stuff.

From what you have posted so far you are jumping to conclusions without a shred of evidence.

RecklessRat Sat 29-Sep-12 23:28:43

You may have just found proof that he has ...... a friend.

Without more background its impossible to tell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now