Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've been a bit stupid

(12 Posts)
whatsthatabout Fri 28-Sep-12 21:14:15

hi mumsnetters, got a bit of an issue/problem which if it wasn't so scary, it would be a comedy sketch! Me and a guy from work have had an attraction thing for the past year or so, I am into him big style and he knows it (I'm separated) and he's flitted between giving me the 'come on' and ignoring me/being rude to me. So basically he's been a bit of a s**t and he's playing me, and because I'm so attracted to him I've been falling for it every time. Time to wise up I know, I'm trying really hard. Anyway I've just found out that he's started a course which I do a bit of training on. I've been doing this for a few years so I'm normally a bit nervous but OK. Am now thinking how the f**k am I going to present to a group wiv this guy in the room and not do something incredibly stupid. At the minute my heart is doing somersaults when I see him, never mind actually been able to sound intelligent. And there's no getting out of doing this bar a hospital admission!!!! Help please xx

purplehouse Fri 28-Sep-12 21:17:31

Ignoring you/being rude ?!

He sounds like a prize cunt. Think of him this way, kill the attraction and get on with your job.

dondon33 Fri 28-Sep-12 21:47:25

To be honest he sounds like a twat!

Stand strong and proud at the front of your presentation and every time you have to look his way just imagine he is a literal dick, obviously keeping a straight face.

Shinyshoes1 Fri 28-Sep-12 21:49:05

are you young ? ...........it seems like very childish behaviour on both parts

MordecaiAndTheRigbys Fri 28-Sep-12 22:00:19

What stupid thing could you possibly do in a room full of people??

tiredofwaitingforitalltochange Fri 28-Sep-12 22:07:36

Imagine him standing their naked but with socks and sandals on.

tiredofwaitingforitalltochange Fri 28-Sep-12 22:08:06

standing there naked. bloody hell, sorry! on phone

mirry2 Fri 28-Sep-12 22:13:30

Just avoid looking at him. I once had the problem in reverse. I was on a course and the trainer clearly fancied me to the point that all the other attendees were laughing about it during the breaks. He spent the whole time talking to me as if there was nobody else present and it made me feel really uncomfortable. I dealt with it by just avoiding looking at him.

deleted203 Sat 29-Sep-12 04:21:07

Why would you be attracted to a twat who loves himself? If you are separated surely you've just got out of one shit situation - why get yourself back into another? Grow up and be professional about your job. You're not at school eyeing up the bad boy you fancy. You've been employed (for several years by the sound of it) to do a job. Girly flirting in the office makes you look an idiot to your employers.

PrincessSymbian Sat 29-Sep-12 04:27:27

A tip I heard on here recently is tell yourself how you want to feel, so in your case cool and collected, over and over again before you do the presentation.
Also aversion therapy, every time you start to feel dreamy about this guy think about one of the worst moments of rudenees that he has directed at you.
It will be like having a bucket of cold water poured over your head.
I think, sadly, you are going to have chrush those feelings of attraction,and turn them into dislike before you will move onto not caring one way or the other, it works for me anyway.
Good luck.

whatsthatabout Sat 29-Sep-12 08:13:53

thanks all for your helpful comments smile God I know how childish I've been and I'd always pride myself on being strong and independent but afraid this has all gone a bit fatal attraction. I was recently separated and feeling a bit vulnerable when I started to get this attention and obv was delighted, he's quite a good looking guy but its obvious now that he knows it.....a big part of me is actually glad that I'm having to do this so I can say a big 'up yours' to him-that I'm not stupid and girly but smart etc etc, well that's the theory!!

something2say Sat 29-Sep-12 09:20:30

I cant stand it when a guy thinks he's it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now