Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does he or dont he?

(9 Posts)
xmasevebundle Fri 28-Sep-12 01:07:15

I started talking to my ex a few weeks ago, he broke up with his girlfriend of 1 and half years.

So we started speaking, im 28w pregnant with my exp baby, we speak quite alot and was going to meet when he came down hes in the navy, but didnt in the end. He said hes warming to me?!(i didnt even understand that)

He rings me up and says i wish it worked out between us etc, he rung me when he was drunk and said we should get together, i wish i was the babys father not your exp.

Hes gone away now for a few weeks, i have text him but i guess he has no signal? When he comes back he has asked to meet me and we can go get 'lunch'

I have been there for him since him and his gf split and spoken to to him about it.

I am just very confused by it all, maybe the hormones are making it abit worse. I dont know if i should back off and not really try and talk or carry on and see how it goes?

Sugary Fri 28-Sep-12 06:36:25

It sounds like he's rebounding and vulnerable, and he could be seeing you as a safe bet. Be careful; you need to protect yourself as, being pregnant, you're vulnerable, too! X

Hyperballad Fri 28-Sep-12 06:45:16

Think this one should be left in the past, it doesn't sound like either of you are the 'one that got away'. Look after yourself and that lovely little bundle.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 28-Sep-12 08:44:38

You can't take the words of a drunken sailor seriously. He's back home, looking for a bit of company and you're the softest target 'Warming to' is the kind of thing you'd say about someone you'd just met. You're both on the rebound and that's always a dangerous time.

jkklpu Fri 28-Sep-12 08:54:14

Don't do it: he's single again and thinks he won't need to make much effort with you. Think back to the reasons you split up in the first place and focus on yourself and the baby.

xmasevebundle Fri 28-Sep-12 11:40:16

I spilt with my exp in may. I dont think its a good idea to even to talk to him after these replies.....

I do feel sorry for him as he no friends and has been hurt but there is only so much i can do?

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 28-Sep-12 11:43:15

When people have no friends, there's often a good reason. When your new baby arrives and takes up all your time and love I think it'll put his fairly trivial problems into perspective.

xmasevebundle Fri 28-Sep-12 16:21:21

Hes always been a one man person, he does his own thing. I cant wait until he arrives, i think he wants to be loved but its hard to say 'no' as i think hes doing no harm.

Going to cut the contact as i dont think its a good idea for him to be talking to me. I feel awful but it has to be done!

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 28-Sep-12 16:34:29

Remind yourself why you split up in the first place and then drop contact without a backward glance. ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now