Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Donations to Women's Refuge

(5 Posts)
MrsSnaplegs Mon 24-Sep-12 19:17:51

Local collection being organised, I have put a box of things together of children's toys and clothes but is there anything that would mean a lot to someone in that situation - shampoo, conditioner, jewellery, books etc
Box being collected day after tomorrow so still have a day to pick up some bits from town
Think locally this is something I would really like to support having read some situations on here.
All advice welcome, even if I can't get it this time I can start collecting for next time.

shattereddreams Mon 24-Sep-12 19:26:15

We donate from work frequently.
Kids love small things they can really own and a bag to keep them in. Small board games. pack of cards and top trumps.

Mums love beauty products and make up, books and Clothes. But the extra things like gloves umbrella, a handbag or purse.

Often they arrive at a refuge house with nothing.
So think about what you use everyday.

MrsSnaplegs Mon 24-Sep-12 19:29:59

Thanks shattered - there's so much I could think of but don't want it to seem like I'm dumping stuff - I have some bags and clothes I can include and then next time will start collecting toiletries

MrsSnaplegs Mon 24-Sep-12 19:30:53

I've put some kids DVDs in as well I guess that is ok

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 24-Sep-12 21:30:22

What a lovely idea and so necessary unfortunately. I'll look into my local one. I'm currently contributing to a food bank

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now