Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relate e-mail service.

(20 Posts)
notsofrownieface Fri 21-Sep-12 18:43:34

Has anyone used this service? If so is it any good? And is it worth it?

No but eagerly awaiting any other answers ... lol

bushymcbush Fri 21-Sep-12 21:56:05

Just looked into that myself and was shock at £28.50 per email. I can't afford that!

Hmm me either sad

Email them and tell them they are pricing themselves out of business

I would but i'd probably be ruder blush

Lovingfreedom Fri 21-Sep-12 22:29:48

£28.50 per email...I'd be willing to give out my tuppence worth for that kind of money....in fact I'll do it for £25 per email...my email address is...

solittletimeandsomuchtodo Fri 21-Sep-12 22:31:09

MN is free grin

venusandmars Fri 21-Sep-12 22:33:33

Relate don't often say 'leave the bastard' grin

Lovingfreedom Fri 21-Sep-12 22:36:21

£28.50 per email...I'd be expecting something pretty special for that...racing tip-offs, secrets of eternal youth...that kind of thing

LMAO i was actually going to say the advice on here is free.
If you read the posts and find someone who has been through what you have, you could inbox them and ask for tips, to get past or deal with, whatever issue.

DP doesn't like me being on here reading about people who 'left the bastard' because sometimes he says i read something on here then look at him as if to say 'why did i bother staying with you'

He must know me really well blush

notsofrownieface Fri 21-Sep-12 23:17:23

My problem is that I know the relationship is over, but I need the courage and strength to end it.

I believe he is seeing someone else but I can't prove it. I mean texting someone at 4am, whilst he is lying next to me and hiding the phone when he realises that I have noticed.

Plus a million other things.

Post in relationships. You'll get TONS of advice and support x

OOPS you ARE in relationships, lol

Make up a new thread. You should get lots of 'leave the bastard' replies plus a few good ones and supportive.. izzyizin and AnyFucker to name but two, and you will soon feel like packing his bags when the sisterhood envelopes you in its ample bosom grin

DeckSwabber Sat 22-Sep-12 08:47:29

MN's are not qualified to give support - Relate advisors are! Not to mention the confidentiality.

£28 is not bad value if you use your time wisely. You could take your time to compose your email, leave it overnight, and review it the following day before posting. I am sure the person who replied would spend a good hour reading and replying.

When I went to Relate (alone) I spent a lot of time crying, which I could have done for free at home, and in polite chit chat with the counsellor.

fiventhree Sat 22-Sep-12 12:48:35

I was in that position last September, Op.

I did find the Clod and Thmpson book on boundaries as useful as a Relate service. Worth a fiver anyway.

It has a bit of a christian focus, as another poster who recommended it to me warned, but she was right when she said that if you can work round that it is a very very useful book, and may give you some clues about what to do next.

fiventhree Sat 22-Sep-12 12:48:49

cloud and Thomson!

arthriticfingers Sat 22-Sep-12 13:36:39

Do they offer any email counselling for abuse. I seem to have understood that Relate do not have any cousellers who will touch abusive relationships.

Daisym0use Sat 22-Sep-12 15:07:41

So do relate not deal with abusive relationships at all? That's interesting as I have to go to family group therapy but relate has also been mentioned by the court! Bloody typical of the court being so dismissive of DV!

Unfortunately with DV a lot of victims dont attend hospital and if they do they say they hurt themselves another way.

I suffered for years at the hands of my ex but there was no proof he'd caused any of my injuries when the court did the fact finding thing because i'd always said i hurt myself riding my horse sad

And courts go by proof well except the family court which accepts some hearsay on the balance of probabilities but they are choosy about what they listen to and believe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now