Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ray of light?

(3 Posts)
itsallinmyhead Fri 21-Sep-12 00:30:00

I posted last night about how lonely I'm finding my pregnancy.

I've been frustrated by my DP's lack of support & consideration especially since becoming quite ill at around 16 weeks.

Well after spending some time today thinking of the pros & cons of us staying together & after contemplating the supportive comments i've received from you amazing MN's (especially the very kind & generous lady who took the time to inbox me), I was ready to ask for a time out.

To my utter surprise & delight however, my DP came home from work & we talked without arguing & he told me he knows I need him to grow up & he will but he was/is scared.

That will do for me right now & we'll work through this.

I just wanted to share my gratitude for your sisterhood.

Thank you

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 21-Sep-12 11:48:38

Well done. Sometimes you have to present a partner with a really awful alternative before they take the problem seriously. Now you know that he's a poor communicator it's also probably a good idea to set aside regular 'meetings' (can't of a better word but there will be one!) where you both talk calmly about how you're feeling about the baby, how you expect things to work after the baby arrives, things that could be done better, things you've appreciated... etc. If you keep a regular & honest dialogue going it helps prevent things being left unsaid and resentment building up.

itsallinmyhead Sun 23-Sep-12 23:43:43

Hi, I'm commenting here in the hope that the very kind posters who recently posted in the now hidden 'Feel alone in this pregnancy' thread can read my update.

I don't believe for a moment I'm living happily ever after now but I'm feeling a shift happening that feels good. We are, at last, a team.

I do appreciate all the support I received in answer to my original thread.

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now