Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Have no clue how to tell him or what to do - Advice would be lovely

(6 Posts)
milkandribena Thu 20-Sep-12 11:20:33

I don't really know who to ask this too.
Mr Doctor-man says i'm defiantly pregnant.
I'm not so much shocked - i kind of knew already. (never been late in my life)

But I'm dreading telling 'the man'
He isn't a DP and after only 4 (ish) - very spread out- dates he isn't even a BF.

I suppose I'm not sure what to do or how to tell him.
I haven't even seen him in 2 and a half weeks though we do call and text.

I just don't know.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 20-Sep-12 11:25:18

Same thing happened to me, I nervously told the relatively new boyfriend and he was remarkably sanguine about the idea. He's been terrific since, always taken his fair share of responsibility financially, we get along well and he and DS have a great relationship. I realise I was very lucky. Be straight with him, make it clear what you want to happen & how involved you do or don't want him to be and then see how it goes.

Congratulations and good luck.

Cokeaholic Thu 20-Sep-12 11:26:07

Before you tell this man I would take time to decide what you want to do about the pregnancy.

He will presumably expect a discussion of the contraception failure issue and may put pressure on you to have/abort the baby so take the time now to decide whether you want to be a single mum at this point in your life or not.

Good Luck

milkandribena Thu 20-Sep-12 13:42:11

I guess that is it coke I know practically I would be fine having it - Money wise, job wise, have got space in my flat, I'm 25 I could do it. I have friends here.
But then I live at the opposite end of the country to my family. He doesn't live that far away but it is still a good hour away.

Cokeaholic Fri 21-Sep-12 14:20:38

Do sort your own head our before adding in consideration of any thoughts he may have on the matter.

Out of interest, was it a contraceptive failure or a "throwing caution to the wind type moment" ?

Apocalypto Fri 21-Sep-12 14:52:17

Whether you decide to have an abortion or not, he doesn't have a say in the matter. He has no say in whether he's financially affected or not either.

You just have to decide how involved you want him to be in the decision, or if you don't, tell him what the decision is. But it's a 'tell' not an 'ask'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now