Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I found a mobile number in DH's wallet..

(9 Posts)
NoComparison Mon 10-Sep-12 15:08:29

Spent a while stressing over it, then did some detective work to find out who it belongs to and it's only mine!!!

But, I was looking in his wallet shock I have no earthly reason to suspect he's up to something, but am feeling increasing disquiet that we're just not close or getting along like we did.

Mad or real reason for concern and what do I do about it?

Proudnscary Mon 10-Sep-12 15:12:42

Bit of a confusing post..! But I guess you're just saying you feel something's not quite right. If your instinct says something's afoot, then trust it.

How did you not know the phone was yours...is it an old handset?! Did you check it thoroughly?

timetosmile Mon 10-Sep-12 15:13:16

Are you spending a lot of time on Mumsnet? Seriously. There's a huge amount of threads about unfaithful OPs, 'suspicious signs' of cheating spouses etc, I find and I know I'm not the only one that it can create a kind of hangover feeling of suspicion in RL which is utterly unjustified.

Can I recommend 'The sixty minute marriage' which is an inspirational quick read by Rob Parsons, and maybe give Mumsnet a break for a while if you've been overdoing it?

<disclaimer..I love MN and it's a brilliant source of advice and solidarity but the stuff discussed can subtly affect lives in not-so-helpful ways too>

NoComparison Mon 10-Sep-12 15:14:48

I know Proud, I've never known my own mobile number and I use it very rarely, but it is my number.

Hmm, there a lot in that timetosmile, thank you

tawse57 Mon 10-Sep-12 17:20:37

There is a real serious danger of happy relationships being wrecked by others who are in unhappy and miserable relationships.

Don't make the mistake of letting others - such as other women you know - who are divorced and miserable, or in unhappy relationships, get some comfort for themselves by them destroying your relationship.

People do this in real life. They do it online via the internet.

Don't self-sabotage your relationship.

junkcollector Mon 10-Sep-12 20:34:53

Are you worried about him having your mobile number written down or is it more of a general unease? I sometimes write people's numbers down if I need them while I'm out but my battery is about to go.

If it's a general unease, I agree with everyone else. You need to talk to him. Perhaps he's stressed about something or feeling under the weather.

Teresajackson230 Mon 10-Apr-17 01:53:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

daisychain01 Mon 10-Apr-17 07:13:21

***********Z O M B I E. T H R E A D****

I've reported the poster
Its the Easter holidays!

CaoNiMartacus Mon 10-Apr-17 07:55:24

LOL at a professional hacking company with a Gmail address. Sounds legit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now