Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My fanjo really aches after sex

(8 Posts)
NotAnotherNewNappy Thu 23-Feb-12 00:02:58

I really should have name changed for this, but I am too lazy...

DH and I are just getting back into the swing of normal marital relations after having DC2 (10mo). Sex is lovely, if infrequent. However I have noticed that my fanjo really aches afterwards, so much so that sometimes I need to take a paracetamol blush

When I had the coil fitted the cheeky fucker doctor did mention that the last stitch had come undone and therefore not healed properly. She suggested that if I found this was affecting my marriage I might want to get it stitched up again.

I presumed she was calling me a bucket and thought she was nuts if she thought I would even consider letting someone take a needle and thread to my bits to increase DH's pleasure. DH (who also suffers from sexual paranoia) assumed she was inferring I might not be as impressed by his manhood as before. Now I am wondering if this achey feeling is normal or if it might all be connected.

Yes, I know I should go to the doctor but I am too embarrassed. Plus it is late and I can't sleep because of my poor achey fanjo sad

Bag0fsmeggyDicks Thu 23-Feb-12 00:29:14

The offered stitch wasn't to tighten your bucketblush Its to prevent things potentially falling out, or air going in and causing queefs, or water for example.

It's not for your sex life at all really, more for you well being as a woman.

Are you bfing? This can make you a little "dry", and could possibly explain the aching. If you have no problem getting wet then this obviously isn't the issue.

I know you don't want to due to potential embarrassment, but you should really go see a gynae, Aching after sex and knowing that you have a slight gap still could be the problem, friction could have caused a bit of bruising or swelling which will make sex uncomfortable, You could soothe your fanjo with cool water, might take the ache away a little.

Malificence Thu 23-Feb-12 11:30:06

Any nerve damage that occured can take up to two years to fully heal, a good lube will help, as will taking ibuprofen before sex. Regular massage with oil to flatten any scar tissue too.
Is it just your perineal area that aches or is the pain inside as well?

NotAnotherNewNappy Thu 23-Feb-12 22:25:42

I think it is inside, just a heavy achey feeling like I can sometimes get with a period blush

Yes I am still BF but it its not really a sore dry feeling as it was after DD1. More bruised and throbbing. Yet sex feels wonderful at the time hmm

FateLovesTheFearless Fri 24-Feb-12 07:56:17

I had the same thing after dd1 and certain positions made it worse. I had no stitches but I think I must just have been very bruised. It took near on two years for it to stop aching after sex. I think you should see someone though, incase it is to do with that stitch.

ameliagrey Fri 24-Feb-12 08:20:29

You need to go back and ask for referral to a gynae- often GPs are not the best to look at your bits when it's something like this.

AnyFucker Fri 24-Feb-12 18:43:30

small uterine prolapse ?

digerd Tue 13-Nov-12 15:30:48

When you mentioned throbbing, it set alarm bells off, as that often means infection. You must go to Doc for more investigation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now