Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Precautions meeting someone off internet??

(10 Posts)
ballroomblitz Sat 22-Oct-11 23:26:27

Never thought I would be doing this but so far I'm thinking meet in a public place, buy my own drink. let some-one know where I am and have a friend ring me and for me to have a warning phrase that it's not going well so I can make my excuses and go. Anything else??

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Sat 22-Oct-11 23:29:28

I met dh on match.com, and I had lots of dates before him smile

Don't give out specific info on where you work or live, trust your instincts, and watch out if they are too keen.

However nice they are don't invite them back to yours for coffee (although I did with dh so clearly do as I say and not as I do)

Onemorning Sat 22-Oct-11 23:29:38

That all sounds really good. I also sent my sister full contact details for the person I was meeting (email, mobile phone), photos and everything I knew about him. I agreed to text/call her at a prearranged time.

I hope everything goes well smile

icemaidensu Sun 23-Oct-11 00:09:06

Please may I point you towards the "Adele/cats... Thread...I think you will find some information there...

squeakyfreakytoy Sun 23-Oct-11 00:13:34

If you drive, then drive, so there is no risk that you will drink too much, and you can not drink with a valid reason.

Go to a place that you know and are familiar with.

sprinkles77 Sun 23-Oct-11 00:13:37

All sounds sensible. I would add make it a day time date and don't drink any alcohol. The dating websites usually have good advice. Enjoy. I met my DH online too!

BluddyMoFo Sun 23-Oct-11 00:20:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BluddyMoFo Sun 23-Oct-11 00:21:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

icemaidensu Sun 23-Oct-11 01:32:25

Like I said...get to the Adele/cat thread!!

ballroomblitz Mon 24-Oct-11 13:08:55

Thanks guys. Good to hear of other people who have met their dh's online smile

I've set it for a coffee on sunday so won't be any chance of getting tipsy and letting my guard down. I'll check out the other thread now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: