Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

should I stay or should I go?

(3 Posts)
caramelcoffeelover Fri 21-Oct-11 19:22:05

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a dialemma, am no longer happy in my marriage as we seem to have grown apart and are no longer interested in the same things or each other as are busy looking after our 2 young children and work/house. Dh just wants basic things in life whereas I want so much more, an interesting conversation to start with. I am about to turn 30 and can't help but feel that there's so much more to life! Am I being selfish as would hate my kids to get affected by this. Thoughts are welcome...

Annie421 Fri 21-Oct-11 19:36:43

Have you old your DH how you are feeling? Can't you try and make a go of things by orgainising a baby sitter and having a night out - just to try and re connect? Otherwise can't you cook him a meal when the kids have gone to bed? Sit down at a table then he has to talk ... i would try and make a go of things, if he wont change and you're not happy then you have to do whatever makes you happy, staying in a marriage that you're not happy in will affect your kids more than you being happy and single - i would try and work things out first though xxx

caramelcoffeelover Fri 21-Oct-11 19:54:01

Hey annie, thanks for your response. I've told him how I feel about a number of things that don't work for me but majority either get ignored by him or he simply hasn't got it in him, like interest in things I like etc. I have not however told him how unhappy I've been because of it and that I've been considering a separation, I guess I should. Just feeling down and don't think have the strength to start something so major, I guess I owe him at least that. Got a month old baby, things are a bit in the air...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: