Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

should I stay or should I go?

(3 Posts)
caramelcoffeelover Fri 21-Oct-11 19:22:05

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a dialemma, am no longer happy in my marriage as we seem to have grown apart and are no longer interested in the same things or each other as are busy looking after our 2 young children and work/house. Dh just wants basic things in life whereas I want so much more, an interesting conversation to start with. I am about to turn 30 and can't help but feel that there's so much more to life! Am I being selfish as would hate my kids to get affected by this. Thoughts are welcome...

Annie421 Fri 21-Oct-11 19:36:43

Have you old your DH how you are feeling? Can't you try and make a go of things by orgainising a baby sitter and having a night out - just to try and re connect? Otherwise can't you cook him a meal when the kids have gone to bed? Sit down at a table then he has to talk ... i would try and make a go of things, if he wont change and you're not happy then you have to do whatever makes you happy, staying in a marriage that you're not happy in will affect your kids more than you being happy and single - i would try and work things out first though xxx

caramelcoffeelover Fri 21-Oct-11 19:54:01

Hey annie, thanks for your response. I've told him how I feel about a number of things that don't work for me but majority either get ignored by him or he simply hasn't got it in him, like interest in things I like etc. I have not however told him how unhappy I've been because of it and that I've been considering a separation, I guess I should. Just feeling down and don't think have the strength to start something so major, I guess I owe him at least that. Got a month old baby, things are a bit in the air...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now