Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Pregnant and overly emotional?

(9 Posts)
Annakin31 Tue 18-Oct-11 15:38:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CailinDana Tue 18-Oct-11 16:00:46

You're not being an idiot but I do think you should cut him some more slack. Is he normally fairly supportive? Sounds to me like you both had a tough day and ended up getting pissed at each other for nothing much. Arrange some time with him so that you can sit down together and have a proper chat about the pregnancy - tell him how worried you're feeling. Are you thinking that with being so busy at work that he won't be much support to you?

Annakin31 Tue 18-Oct-11 16:06:14

GingerbreadLatte Tue 18-Oct-11 16:11:21

I get why you are feeling a bit bruised by this but I think you need to give him a break. If he is feeling ill (40deg temp makes you feel pretty nasty!) and is busy- im not suprised he didnt say much.

I get 200+emails a day and can easily not reply to the critical work stuff let alone personal ones- not much can be done about it.

Wait til he isnt at work or ill to talk to him- start off on front foot.

Annakin31 Tue 18-Oct-11 16:23:16

GingerbreadLatte Tue 18-Oct-11 16:23:43

ps - wanted to add that I think I'd have felt like you do in your shoes, but I can see his position

Congratulations btw!

GingerbreadLatte Tue 18-Oct-11 16:32:05

x posts there.
I think your worries are really valid and part of the realisation of becoming a family of 4. I am TTC #2, and although my 1st DC is a bit older (2.5) I am worried about all those things already!

Give yourself a bit of slack too and look after yourself. Pick a good time to talk when the pressure is off a bit - at a weekend if he can be call free.

The testicle thing sounds pretty nasty! Hope he is better soon.
take care

CailinDana Tue 18-Oct-11 16:45:58

It sounds like things need to change Annakin. Do you really want to move? Perhaps you could give up work, would that be something you want to do, would it be possible? If you did move a bit outside London you would have some extra cash that would allow you to be a SAHM, would you want that?

It sounds too like your DH really needs to get a sense of balance with work. He's missing his daughter's childhood, getting ill and stressed, and for what? I know he probably loves his work but really is any job worth that? Some super busy people I know are just terrible at setting boundaries and restricting their work time - perhaps he needs to look at that?

Annakin31 Mon 24-Oct-11 13:34:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now