Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH's 40th looming...any ideas?

(3 Posts)
pinkx5 Tue 18-Oct-11 14:29:50

Does anyone have any great ideas for 40th birthdays? I've already thought of buying him an experience day but wanted something else other than cufflinks/watch/pen/technical stuff. I did wonder about a 'treat a week for a year' sort of approach but I won't go as far as that woman who promised sex every night for a year - we had our 5th (very unexpected) DD 3 months ago and I'll need some serious diamonds before he's ever allowed near me again! Has anyone done/planned anything unusual and special - especially nothing too costly as I'm not working at the mo?

flatbellyfella Tue 18-Oct-11 16:33:15

A guitar
A Harley Davison
Oil Paints
Just tell him you love him.
A Toblerone
Knitted Jumper
Bottle of Jim Beam.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 18-Oct-11 16:44:01

I hired a cottage for the weekend and invited several of his friends to come to the cottage on the Sat night and cooked a massive meal for everyone. It was a suprise so he didn't know we were going away and didn't know his friends were coming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now