Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationship Counselling in London. Any recommendations?

(6 Posts)
lucylookout Mon 17-Oct-11 18:45:04

I'm trying to persuade DH and I to go to counselling. Our relationship isn't really bad, it just could be a lot better (we've had a tough few years and it's taken its toll on how we communicate). Does anyone have any recommendations? We live in N16 so North/East would be great, but central London would be alright.

mrstiredandconfused Mon 17-Oct-11 22:43:47

I can recommend coupleworks, the lady I talked to was utterly lovely. Not got details to hand but I'm sure it is google-able.
Friends have recommend relate but tbh I have no personal experience
Hth

mrstiredandconfused Mon 17-Oct-11 22:47:16

Grr - blasted phone! Recommended / personal experience of relate but I know it's a good source of support for many mn'ers

mumsamilitant Tue 18-Oct-11 12:54:14

Relate, unfortunately the coucillor i saw has left and now owns a pig farm in the country grin

lucylookout Tue 18-Oct-11 14:03:30

Thanks both, I'll look up coupleworks Mrs and Mums I had a look online at relate last night, and there were about 4 operating in my area. How did you choose? Did you just strike lucky or did you meet all of them to see who you liked the most. I guess it depends on how severe the problems are, but out of interest how many sessions did you have?

mumsamilitant Tue 18-Oct-11 14:32:25

Mine was purely for me. Had about 10 sessions. First session was a blub fest. I knew I had the necessary amount when my eyes were dry and I had nothing to talk about. A good coucillor will guide you on number of sessions. I was lucky as choice was purely down to distance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now