Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How would you react?

(3 Posts)
Hmmwhattothink Fri 14-Oct-11 23:54:33

I'm not exactly sure what I'm asking here. I have taken advice (and posted under a different name) and have continually read threads here through my seperation, it's all a bit weird for me now and just wanted to post to get other people's viewpoints I think (as you can tell I'm very confused).

OK, seperated almost 2 years ago, waited til about 6 months ago before considering dating as didn't feel ready. Started internet dating, had a number of dates, no sparks, until the last one (was going to end subscription anyway this was just a last stab at internet dating) was seeing this guy for a couple of months but wasn't completely sure / didn't want to open myself too much to be hurt - not sure which?

Anyway, short story is we have split up but I am devestated - can't stop crying about it - cried a heck of a lot more than I ever did about my split with my husband!!

I have never had any any experience of what a real relationship should be like and don't know whether I'm upset because it's something I can no longer have / because I've never really given it a real chance as I've been protecting myself / or something else???????

Arrgghhh am I just overthinking and I should just move on or what? What do you think?

squeakytoy Sat 15-Oct-11 00:18:39

Didnt want to leave this unanswered.

I think your feelings are probably still part of the emotions from your previous relationship.. and yes, you are probably overthinking it, but that is very natural.

Dont give up.. as the saying goes, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet a prince. It may be a cliche, but for most of us it is true, and all those frogs help us to recognise a prince when we do meet one. Experience all counts, even if some of it is crappy at the time.

iluvchips Sun 16-Oct-11 22:52:32

I agree with squeaky toy, you may be grieving over the end of your marriage- even if it's not the actual man you miss, just the stress and changes in your life caused by the separation.

Think it may help you to move on by planning a good girls night out and having a bit of lighthearted banter with some potential frogs and princes as you may have been off the dating scene for quite some time?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now