Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not sure where we are going

(8 Posts)
DrDolittle Fri 14-Oct-11 09:05:21

10 years, 1 DC later, and I don't know where my relationship with my DP is going. We have moved away from each other. Too many evenings are spent ignoring each other, on laptops, watching crap TV (I so wish we didn't have one). Now the kids are old enough, I want to drop them off at grandparents and go to a museum, theatre, or heaven forbid - a weekend break. Every time I suggest such a thing, I get shouted down by DP. I didn't even go to a friend's wedding as DP didn't want to go, and didn't want me to take kids on my own.

Not sure I can stick out another 15 years of this but I cannot walk out on kids. Don't know what to do - am like an eggshell - getting very depressed on the inside, but hiding it from everyone with a not too thick shell. Tried talking, answer came back 'why don't you go to the pub with your mates'.

DrDolittle Fri 14-Oct-11 09:05:50

Make that 2DC later.

izzywhizzysfritenite Fri 14-Oct-11 12:21:11

I didn't even go to a friend's wedding as DP didn't want to go, and didn't want me to take kids on my own.

Why didn't he want to go and what would have happened if you'd left him at home and taken the dc to the wedding on your own?

Why don't you drop the dc off at their dgps and go to museums, the theatre, or have a weekend away on your own?

I cannot walk out on kids If your relationship with their df is at an end, why would you have to be the one to leave without them?

tstar Fri 14-Oct-11 15:21:25

My partner seems to hate going out to anything social, I get so fed up with it I take the kids just to prove, well he's not looking after the kids he just does'nt want to be herë.
It does'nt make me feel any better, only my point to make him look a little silly staying home alown.
I don't know what is goin on with men why do some guys make us freaking beg for the small things????

buickmackane Fri 14-Oct-11 15:47:48

the op's male, no?

AbbyAbsinthe Fri 14-Oct-11 17:10:45

Ooh I can't tell.

DrDolittle Fri 14-Oct-11 22:02:49

Yes male! Sorry didn't make clear.

DrDolittle Fri 14-Oct-11 22:12:11

Not sure what would have happened if I had gone to wedding on my own, just didn't feel right to go have fun on my own leaving DP on own with both kids. Don't get to see enough of them anyway because of work.

And I don't want to go to museum on own, nor will I ever have another woman to go with. I want to be a couple again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now