Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what is wrong with me?

(4 Posts)
lastroseofsummer Wed 12-Oct-11 09:57:47

I dont really know where is the best place to post this so sorry in advance if in wrong place.

I genuinely dont know what is up with me - I have suffered from depression, and presently take anti-depressants but honestly I just feel so deflated. I feel like im treading water in my life. I have good support however I feel like I am on a collision course, its like Im destined to have a bad life. The best way to describe it is that I feel like I am - at some stage - heading for a crash/disaster and that I cant see it yet but its there ahead.

Im sorry if this sounds mad but I just feel so dead inside and I dont know what to do to make it better.

buzzskeleton Wed 12-Oct-11 12:35:24

I'm sorry you're feeling so low.

Have you had any sort of counselling? CBT might be a way to go, to help you change negative thinking patterns. You're not destined for a bad or sad life.

How long have you been on the anti-ds? I think they can take up to six weeks to really kick in - but if you've been on them longer, maybe you're not on the right dosage or the right form for you. In the latter case, head back to the GP.

Hope you feel better soon.

lastroseofsummer Wed 12-Oct-11 18:15:16

thanks buzz - have been taking one form of anti-depressants or another for years and have had loads of different types of counselling. its just never ending this feeling - ive taken the pills, done the work etc and still feel this way.

thanks for replying though

springydaffs Thu 13-Oct-11 10:27:25

I've heard of this - a feeling of doom? Does that sum it up?

I'm sorry you're struggling with this rose and i do hope you get some release from it. I know that in my experience of being 'under' a heavy weight of some kind, it's a great day when I get the first chink that the way I have been feeling isn't true, that it doesn't fit me or belong to me. I hope that day comes for you soon ((hug))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now