Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Follow head or heart?

(4 Posts)
tiredpandabear Tue 11-Oct-11 15:52:39

I'm in love with someone but already in a relationship and have 2 young kids. Financially i cannot support the kids by myself. Love my partner but not in love with him for quite some time now. Having couple counselling but so far it's not changed the way i feel at all. Do i stay for the kids sake or do i follow my heart and be happy with someone else even though it may not last?

izzywhizzysfritenite Tue 11-Oct-11 15:55:53

Have you been honest with your dp? Does he know you're in love with someone else? Is the OM free to love you in return and is he willing to support you and your dc?

HerScaryness Tue 11-Oct-11 15:57:21

Sort yourself out first.

What is the point of you doing couple counselling if your heart is not in it and you are window shopping for a replacement.

You won't be happy with anyone until you work out who you are, and learn to love and appreciate yourself.

mumsamilitant Tue 11-Oct-11 15:58:16

Yes, close one door before opening another.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now