Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone for an "embarrassing questions" thread?!

(241 Posts)
ForYourEyesOnly Mon 10-Oct-11 22:28:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZombiesAtYourCervix Mon 10-Oct-11 22:29:35

tell your DP that if he needs more sensitivity he should be the one getting the waxing.

ForYourEyesOnly Mon 10-Oct-11 22:34:27

aftereight Mon 10-Oct-11 22:42:32

A normal bikini wax will only sort out the stragglers which are visible outside the confines of your knickers. So you'd need to go for a brazilian, which is everything off underneath and a bit (usually a vertical strip) of hair left at the front. A Hollywood is everything off. I'm not a fan of that for aesthetic reasons grin. You should be fine for some, ahem, action 48 hours later. Sudocrem is great post-wax for calming the redness, and you may want to take a couple of nurofen half an hour before your appointment, but don't let that put you off!

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 10-Oct-11 22:47:09

If you want to increase the sensitivity you would need a Brazilian or Hollywood so if you don't want everything off then go for a Brazilian. If you really want to increase sensitivity then he needs to get a Manzilian too.

Get it done the day before a hot date, you'll get about 10-14days of smoothness. And go for the hot wax option as it's more comfortable.

ForYourEyesOnly Mon 10-Oct-11 22:48:10

ForYourEyesOnly Mon 10-Oct-11 22:50:45

ZombiesAtYourCervix Mon 10-Oct-11 22:51:10

Veet

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 10-Oct-11 22:51:34

My waxer always asks how thick I want the landing strip, so you can just ask for a thick one.

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 10-Oct-11 22:52:22

ok in that case make sure you get some rimming in while your arsehole is all smooth and hairfree.

QuinnFabray Mon 10-Oct-11 22:56:33

Of course, you could be one of those unlucky people who gets an irritating and unsightly rash, and loads of ingrowing hairs after hair removal, but you won't know unless you give it a go.

PattySimcox Mon 10-Oct-11 22:56:38

grin at akiss

There was a long thread in S&B about the benefits of veet intead of wax if you have a low pain threshold

ForYourEyesOnly Mon 10-Oct-11 23:01:09

CumbrianCooBeastie Mon 10-Oct-11 23:02:25

LANDING STRIP! shock

My, but I've learnt some things this week.

Seriously, though? Hot wax? On yer bits? Seriously?

heleninahandcart Mon 10-Oct-11 23:10:38

Absolutely no veet on delicate parts. Trust me on this blush

Veet is fine on regular skin only.

OP you can ask the waxer to just wax your undercarriage off if you like, leaving a neat triangle/whatever shape you like front as it were grin.

GypsyMoth Mon 10-Oct-11 23:15:56

So,er, how dies the waxed get to the undercarriage? Do they have you on a bed legs akimbo?

ForYourEyesOnly Mon 10-Oct-11 23:29:03

tallwivghoulies Mon 10-Oct-11 23:41:28

'the more you want off, the worse the contortions you have to get into.'

Why, just... why? WHY?

Is sex so much better with no pubes? Does it really look better?

<hobbles off to gransnet, muttering>

itchywitch Tue 11-Oct-11 00:40:40

Does this really increase sensitivity? I personally don't have hair on/in my most vital parts just around the outside iykwim.

Bogeymanface Tue 11-Oct-11 01:41:09

I would suggest you save your money and invest in a "this is how to make me cum, you moron" lesson grin

It wont increase sensitivity that much (well apart from when you sit on the bus just after you have it done, BOY does that feel sensitive grin) but it will sting like buggery and make you feel a bit of a pranny! I had it done once, never again. It made a smear seem like dinner and movie!

My embarrassing question is.....do both your nipples work?

I had a major breast op several years ago and in my paranoia afterwards I noticed that while I do have feeling in both nips, only one gets "out and proud" when I am in the mood! The other one is a bit "oh alright but pull me nightie down after", it tries but never gets quite as excited as the other one! The thing is, I cant remember if they were always like or it is a side effect of the op!

WaitingForMe Tue 11-Oct-11 01:44:24

I've had it all off and didn't notice any increased sensitivity. I kept it up for a while before replacing waxing with shaving as I got fed up of the cost. I prefer the look and like DP thinking I'm some kind of goddess but not one iota of difference in feeling.

AKissIsNotAContract Tue 11-Oct-11 07:12:26

I have mine done every 4 weeks. I find it's more sensitive than with hair. Once you get into a routine of having it done regularly it doesn't hurt.

noteventhebestdrummer Tue 11-Oct-11 07:18:01

Bogeymanface I think it's really normal - one of mine is like that. The other two are fine though smile

AnyPhantomFucker Tue 11-Oct-11 08:35:31

BF my left one works, and my right one doesn't wrt sensation, connection to other erogenous zones ( wink ) and even, years ago, breastfeeding !

Weird innit, and I have never had any intererence with my nips

garlicScaresVampires Tue 11-Oct-11 08:51:39

Ahem. I've got nothing against frenzied depilation (though have given it up myself) but this ...

He won't need a Manzilian I don't think - I think it was oral that he had in mind when he was talking about increased sensitivity.

Darling, he means "Please put yourself through a really quite painful and unnecessary procedure so I don't get bits of hair in my mouth"!

For your sake, my hairy arse.

Tell him you're ready to go for it and, look, they do men's crack'n'sac waxing too! So you've made a joint appointment wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now