Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feeling floaty, dreamy and tingly and playing Van Morrison A LOT... What to do next?

(14 Posts)
MotherMucca Sun 02-Oct-11 22:14:20

A man came into my life (relative of friends) this Spring.

We meet up probably every two-three weeks (as a group), usually going to the pub or somesuch. In the last few months, I've been feeling more and more attracted to him. After seeing him twice this week, I am in crush-central; thinking about him all the time, wondering what it would be like to kiss him (and getting the ol' fanny gallops), butterflies, the works.

I feel as though the attraction is mutual - I find that he is looking at me when I look his way... he pays a lot of interest in my life, and says things like "oh, MM, you'll have to come to X and Y" He has MH problems (not a big deal for me) and apparently perks up around me. I'm not a very good flirt, but I did a bit of gentle flirting last night, and he responded.

I'm not sure how/if I should take this further... It could be complicated as I'm friends with two of his close family members, and we (with my mum) go out as a group. SO, we don't get a lot of opportunity to be alone together. I think he has some self-esteem issues (according to a trusted source) about anyone wanting him. BUT I DO!

Oh, sorry to be a little vague but I'm completely paranoid in case anyone who knows him/us would read this and piece it together (unlikely, I s'pose).

I feel like a silly 14 year old, need some grown-up input please.

TIA.

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 02-Oct-11 22:39:48

Message withdrawn

AnyFucker Sun 02-Oct-11 22:46:37

have you been on the wacky backy ?

MotherMucca Sun 02-Oct-11 22:49:22

His low self-esteem (I think) is due to his MH issues. He was once a bit of a high-flyer in his field but crashed and burned a bit and it has gone. He is apparently PD, BUT, I have experience with people with PD and my mum, who is a MH professional, wonder if this diagnosis is correct. His presentation is certainly not PD.

I enjoy mooning about like a daffy teenager, even if it comes to nowt. wink

It just seems right. He is very intelligent, funny, and and I reckon he'd be a cracking fuck.

MotherMucca Sun 02-Oct-11 22:50:14

No, not tonight AF. Why?

moondog Sun 02-Oct-11 22:55:13

Hmmm.
Depends on what Van you are playing exactly.
Details please
<guffaw> at Fucker

MotherMucca Sun 02-Oct-11 22:58:46

Veedon Fleece
Astral Weeks
Poetic Champion Compose

ON A LOOP

<<Sighs>>

<<Wistfully>>

moondog Sun 02-Oct-11 23:00:53

PCC v v good for wistful wafting.
I know having been there meself.
(Many moons ago)

Let go into the mystery dadada
Let yerself go free

Try Avalon Sunset too.

<helpful>

tethersend Sun 02-Oct-11 23:03:33

St. Dominic's Preview ought to do it wink

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 02-Oct-11 23:04:27

Message withdrawn

MotherMucca Sun 02-Oct-11 23:05:38

DUH! Geddit AF.

<<slower than usual due to teenage crush/lustful desire>>

moondog Sun 02-Oct-11 23:07:48

You know, I used to be the ultimate Van bore.
Angst ridden Irish bf
Saw him at Glasto
Loafing around uni, talking shite and poring over sleevenotes

Then one day.......I just thought.
'God, you don't half drone on you miserable old fart.'

Listen to a bit of early Elton for full on wistfulness.
Nowt beats 'Tumbleweed Connection'

MotherMucca Sun 02-Oct-11 23:10:38

shock I'm not there yet, moon.

<<Off to YouTube Tumbleweed Connection>>

Thanks everyone for all your supportive and constructive posts on this thread. grin
wink

MotherMucca Sun 02-Oct-11 23:12:46

Shiney - PD= Personality Disorder

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now