Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice and, ummm, tips needed please. Lighthearted. Bit embarrassed.

(36 Posts)
crackthelens Thu 29-Sep-11 20:47:33

Namechanger. Honest. Tablecloth, lavenderrrr, strawberry, JF etc

I need advice on taking some tasteful and yet downright sexalicious photos of myself for my dp who has been away for a while... I can't be with him on his birthday and I think he'd appreciate a little, ahem, visual reminder. (I have also bought him an actual present, btw grin)

Have you ever done this? And if so, how do you end up not looking all Readers' Wives-y? I am thinking underwear ON btw, but ykwim!

And... is the reaction generally favourable? Or is this all a bit of a tragic idea?

God, what if he just laughs?

(cannot believe I have just started this thread)

LITTLEGEEK Thu 29-Sep-11 20:53:10

I think that's a fab idea. Unless you want to go to a professioanl photographer who could take tasteful pictures (not some scumbag), I'm afraid the only tip I have is to look up Gok Wan's How to Look good Naked books from your local library, there was a section in one of those (might have been the 1st one) that had tips from the professioanl photograper on how to look fab and to take good pics on your best bits.
Good Luck, I'm sure he'll love it.

squeakytoy Thu 29-Sep-11 20:57:59

As a photographer, I would say, camera, delay timer setting, black and white with a soft focus... underwear and a silky sheet to drape.. look away from the camera, slightly downwards... shy and innocent looking rather than brazen hussy is usually more appealing grin

what to avoid, harsh light, the wallpaper and sofa, bright colours, looking uncomfortable..

crackthelens Thu 29-Sep-11 20:59:28

I don't have the time or cash for a professional, sadly. Although maybe for the future...!

squeakytoy Thu 29-Sep-11 21:05:43

You dont need a professional, it is so easy to do it yourself, take as many photos as you like, and edit them.

Have a drink or two first, put some music on, do your make up etc.. as if you were going out for the night, so that you feel a million dollars..

Or get your best mate round, and get her to do it for you.. if you just want "boudoir" type shots, have a girly night in, and have a laugh.

MangoMonster Thu 29-Sep-11 21:07:10

Want about the Scarlett johanssen thing....

MangoMonster Thu 29-Sep-11 21:07:52

That should have said " what about"

coffeeinbed Thu 29-Sep-11 21:08:01

Do you have an iPhone? Use the hipstamatic app.

crackthelens Thu 29-Sep-11 21:08:45

What Scarlett Johanssen thing, mango?

MangoMonster Thu 29-Sep-11 21:09:01

I havent done it but I think it's a good idea, not tragic at all.

crackthelens Thu 29-Sep-11 21:09:39

Yeah, I do have hipstamatic, hadn't thought of that! It makes everything nice and blurry doesn't it grin

MangoMonster Thu 29-Sep-11 21:09:57

Look it up on google. Mirror, bed sheet, bum.... I think it's sexy...

MangoMonster Thu 29-Sep-11 21:10:48

Only thing I worry about is who will see them by accident!

coffeeinbed Thu 29-Sep-11 21:11:22

well, there's a time and a place for sharp focus.
This isn't it.

crackthelens Thu 29-Sep-11 21:12:53

hahaa, if my arse looked like that I'd be posting it on the bloody internet myself, mango!

tethersend Thu 29-Sep-11 21:16:06

grin at coffee

Just take a photo of your tits. He'll be over the moon.

MangoMonster Thu 29-Sep-11 21:16:37

Come on... He's going to love it.. Maybe something similar with a part of your body you both love? It's a bit different to the usual on the bed looking seductive stuff. More like a glimpse than a full on...

kunahero Thu 29-Sep-11 21:22:20

If my dw did that for me I'd be suprised and very very very pleeased!

MangoMonster Thu 29-Sep-11 21:23:48

Agree with kuna, it's fun and playful, you don't have to look like Scarlett, frankly not many of us do...

crackthelens Thu 29-Sep-11 21:25:25

Would you, kuna? Nice to get a male perspective, thanks! I mean, I assume he'll like it but it's a newish relationship and I've NEVER done anything like this before!

Right, glass of wine has been drunk, better get the warpaint out...

SierraMadre Thu 29-Sep-11 21:26:01

If you can get some light from one direction (I stood by a window with the blinds half closed blush) then that looks good CBC the light and shade highlights when my DH would call your lovely bumpy bits grin

MangoMonster Thu 29-Sep-11 21:36:17

Ok, this is a bit of a derailment, but don't you think it would be more interesting to have more men on mn. Most of my friends are male and I think it would be a lot more light hearted on here if the ratio was more balanced.

Malificence Thu 29-Sep-11 21:47:19

www.missboudoir.com/adult-photography

Some of these might give you ideas smile

I like the dressing table shots.

MangoMonster Thu 29-Sep-11 21:50:27

malif agree.

Malificence Thu 29-Sep-11 21:55:10

I was a bit alarmed by the red nipple pasties on that page but there are some lovely pictures in the gallery. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now