Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

reviews/recommendations for book on controlling men/verbal abuse please

(3 Posts)
livingonthedge Thu 29-Sep-11 18:39:24

I've looked at the ones in the support for those in abuse relationships thread but thought that I'd also ask here. I want something which explains the dynamics (I have a fair bit of background in psycology so can go quite academic if necessary) but also something readable which focuses on the whats and whys (as opposed to a "if he does this then leave him now" type). Also it must be available for a kindle. Any and all suggestions/reviews/descriptions welcomed smile

neuroticmumof3 Thu 29-Sep-11 18:49:11

Read Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven. Don't think it's available on Kindle though.

notsorted Thu 29-Sep-11 20:10:04

Worth googling some of the authors mentioned on EA thread and feeling your way around their styles, then going for a couple and seeing which one rings the most bells for your situation - there seems to be a split that either Lundy or Evans makes sense for most.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now