Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do you get out of your relationship?

(9 Posts)
backtothedrawingboard Wed 28-Sep-11 15:48:06

I'm being nosy because I really want to know why people have got together and why they stay together. My marriage suited me at the time as I needed somewhere to live and wanted the security of being married. H also made me laugh and never took life too seriously (great then but not so great now!).

So what does/did it for you?

Chrononaut Wed 28-Sep-11 16:58:58

well, i get someone to play sonic with in the evenings who dosnt get mad and throw the controller when he loses to me :D

We like one another's company, we like each others cooking and sense of humour. I get a pillar of strength smile

it sounds mushy, but i get security too as i know he loves all aspects of me and wont go running off with another lady x

overmydeadbody Wed 28-Sep-11 17:04:27

I get to be adored, and I have someone to adore back.

MerryMagdalene Wed 28-Sep-11 17:06:59

massive cock

OneTrickMummy Wed 28-Sep-11 17:08:46

Stability. A partner in parenting. A pooling of assets that has benefitted us.
To be honest the parenting bit has probably over taken all the things we used to have.

GirlWithALlamaTattoo Wed 28-Sep-11 17:43:42

I was really happy on my own when I met DP.

We now have someone to talk to and laugh with. Someone to cuddle. Someone to share silly passages from a book, or odd stories in the paper. Someone who looks pleased to see me when he comes in, and doesn't bite me, in contrast to the cat.

We share the housework and cooking; if I'm working a lot he picks up the slack, if he is, I do. We enjoy each other's company when we're not working, but also encourage each other to see our friends; e.g. I went out at horrid-o'-clock to pick him up from a gig the other night, he's done the same for me in the past.

W're making plans and building a future together, including a good few castles in the air.

I think I said this on another thread recently; our job is to make each other's lives more pleasant. He certainly succeeds, and I hope I do.

cecilyparsley Wed 28-Sep-11 21:12:04

he's great for shifting heavy stuff

Gay40 Wed 28-Sep-11 21:17:04

There's isn't anyone who can laugh at the same stuff I do. Plus we feel like two independent people with different interests and friends (rather than two halves of a whole) who are madly in love. We like our own space, but spend a lot of time together enjoying each other's company.
Of course, we get on each other's nerves at times. Doesn't everyone?

peterpan99 Wed 28-Sep-11 21:37:27

seconding the massive cock, and fingers crossed no STI's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now