Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He's finally going and I am elated

(9 Posts)
LieInsAreRarerThanTigers Wed 28-Sep-11 12:52:51

Have just heard that my alcoholic dh has been accepted at a local housing project for a six month tenancy. The relief is enormous as he has been in and out of home since March, initially as I was giving him more 'chances' as he was promising to change, recently very much against my wishes as he had absolutely nowhere else to go and I wanted to allow him to see the dc and to attend his counselling/treatment programme, but it's been awful and the arguing has got worse and worse.
Of course I have gone through every emotion in the last six months including recognising and grieving over the loss of what once seemed like a lovely relationship and sound marriage, but now I am just feeling like partying!
Just wanted to share this to give hope to others going through similar, and update anyone who has chatted with or advised me in the last year.

LieInsAreRarerThanTigers Wed 28-Sep-11 12:57:57

Also now I can give a new address for him, it is time to register as a single parent for tax credits and council tax and ditch the £465 bill for overpayment - he has not worked since June but as he was getting £67.50 a week ESA I was not entitled to any tax credits, even though I pay the full cost of childcare and am working 4 days a week!

Pakdooik Wed 28-Sep-11 14:23:29

Tigers Good for you - best of luck for the future

LieInsAreRarerThanTigers Wed 28-Sep-11 14:57:35

Thank you Pakdooik. He has just phoned me to remind me the car needs servicing hmm I wonder how I am going to pay for that?

neuroticmumof3 Wed 28-Sep-11 18:43:48

Sounds like you've been having a really tough time. Living with an alcoholic can be nightmarish. Glad things are improving for you, certainly sounds as though your financial position will be much better.

bubblegumpop Wed 28-Sep-11 18:55:37

That's great news, but ditching an overpayment of what? Ctc? That will never happen they'll persue it alongside your new claim.

LieInsAreRarerThanTigers Wed 28-Sep-11 20:49:46

Hi bubblegumpop, no I have checked what will happen. As household income will now be much lower I will qualify for ctc this year so they will take the overpayment out of that rather than me having to find the money. I don't think my overall financial position is going to be great - will see what the eventual divorce brings, but at least I can get this one bill out of the way.

bubblegumpop Wed 28-Sep-11 21:08:51

Ahh I see what you mean as in they take the money out of your new allowance. I was gonna say never seen HMRC let an over payment go!!

Readyisknitting Wed 28-Sep-11 21:21:10

That is good newssmile enjoy your space

Don't forget your council tax will go down now

Good luck getting HMRC sorted, and your divorce, living with an alcoholic is exhausting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now