Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

not liking dp's friend's behaviour

(15 Posts)
mrscoleridge Tue 27-Sep-11 17:51:56

The problem is that I don't like or approve of dp's best friend or his girlfriend. They are constantly splitting up and getting back together and we are supposed to go running over there. Particularly don't like the girlfriend who got pregnant twice (he suspects on purpose) and smoked throughout pregnancy. However dp stll thinks friend is great which does not say much for his judgement does it? I suspect they think I am a snob although not bothered about that! Any thoughts?

LilQueenie Tue 27-Sep-11 17:54:19

Had a similar problem. I asked what he seen in the couple. In the end he stopped visiting. All I can advise you is that you dont have to visit. Let him do it.

cjbartlett Tue 27-Sep-11 17:55:42

Yes just leave dp to it
Make your own friends

Thingumy Tue 27-Sep-11 17:55:54

they sound terrible OP hmm

AnyFucker Tue 27-Sep-11 19:01:52

I suspect you are a snob

but, hey, just stop spending time with these utterly horrid, axe-murdering people and make your own faaahhhbulous friends instead

LilQueenie Tue 27-Sep-11 19:19:42

i suspect there may be more to this than the OP is telling us. This may be the brief version of what the couple are like.

AnyFucker Tue 27-Sep-11 19:22:03

oh, LilQ, you mean there is going to be a drip-drip feed of more informatinon and this couple will actually turn out to be axe-murderers ?

that is entirely probable possible, of course

buzzskillington Tue 27-Sep-11 19:22:33

Er, you don't have to like them?

Chrononaut Tue 27-Sep-11 20:59:51

there's a simple solution to this

let DP go by himself, you stay at home and have a coffee or something.

Bogeyface Tue 27-Sep-11 22:32:06

I dont like or approve of dp's best friend

sorry but for a second I thought I had clicked the wrong thread and it was about a mummy worried about her PFB making friends with someone horrid in the playground!!

You are not his mum, yes you do sound like a snob and your best bet is to leave him to it. FWIW, I think is taste and judgement is highly suspect too.............

Bogeyface Tue 27-Sep-11 22:37:59

his taste, not is,

HellonHeels Wed 28-Sep-11 09:39:38

What is the problem with getting pregnant "on purpose"?

Bogeyface Wed 28-Sep-11 09:41:33

I think that it means she did it "accidentally on purpose" without her DPs knowledge or agreement.

kaluki Wed 28-Sep-11 20:21:45

Who are you to 'approve' of his friends?
I'd be very pissed off if DP started passing judgement on all my friends in this way. He can be friends with who he likes.
If you don't like them, don't see them but all it says about his judgement is that he is a nice person who wants to help his friends.
Sorry but you are coming across as a bit of a control freak.

mrscoleridge Thu 29-Sep-11 18:01:23

Yes I did mean 'accidentally on purpose' which really gets my feminist hackles up. Are we still at the stage that we have to do this to 'keep' a man? I admit am bit of control freak but still irritates me that DP kind of looks up to this bloke and I can't work out why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now