Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

am i right to be bit worried

(8 Posts)
elliebellys Fri 23-Sep-11 11:39:46

hi all,been with my partner 2 years,in all this time iv never met his mum,brother or his eldest daughter,he has 3 kids.when iv asked him about it he just says that they cant accept that he,s moved on with me nd thats why they dont ever speak to him.this seems strange to me ,am i right to be a bit worried.

bubblegumpop Fri 23-Sep-11 11:41:55

He's still married/living with someone/has a 2nd life?

Beware of a man whose own family excludes him,it's never "their" fault.......

sternface Fri 23-Sep-11 11:47:12

I'd say you were/are the OW then.

Have you met his friends?

elliebellys Fri 23-Sep-11 11:59:22

hi,not ow,at least not that i know of.he told me that hed split with his ex couple of months before we became a couple.dont see his friends much,only a couple of times.

notsorted Fri 23-Sep-11 12:05:47

He is hiding things from you. He has been a shit in the past and doesn't want you to know about it. Step back. It sounds as if you don't know him properly and he doesn't want you to know all of him.

elliebellys Fri 23-Sep-11 12:11:00

thanx notsorted,thats my main worry that hes hidin things from me,i can sort of understand there not bein communication with his ex,but not with his own mum nd daughter.

sternface Fri 23-Sep-11 12:22:21

I expect he said his ex is a "psycho bitch" who has turned his family and kids against him.

I think what I'm having trouble believing is that an intelligent woman believed all this bullshit and it's taken you 2 years to query whether you were the real reason he left his family. If they hate him and he's also got very few friends left who are prepared to see you as a couple, there's a reason for that you know.

AbbyAbsinthe Fri 23-Sep-11 12:49:15

And it's taken you 2 YEARS to wonder this??? There is something seriously wrong here. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now