Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does Relate really help, your experiences please

(5 Posts)
clottedcream Tue 20-Sep-11 13:50:19

just wondering how effective you found it

mefifi Tue 20-Sep-11 14:59:31

It's only effective if BOTH of you are willing and open.

P went along, even booked the first session, but never allowed himself to open up and said a lot of 'I dont understand your question' and 'I havent had time to think about it' it was the same every week. We stopped, it was a lot of money and no progress.

I actually thought the woman was really good, I got a lot out of it (went a few times myself).

mumsamilitant Tue 20-Sep-11 15:06:30

I used relate a few years ago totally for myself (had a dodgy picker where men were concerned) and she fixed it!

Seriously though, I found it very very helpful. It's important to find someone you can relate to though (pardon the pun).

mollynp Tue 20-Sep-11 16:44:03

The relationship counsellor draws stuff out of dh that i'd never be able to, so i find it really useful.

sistersootica Tue 20-Sep-11 16:46:36

I think both DH and me found it useful, yes. So IME, yes, it was very helpful. It meant we had to talk things through calmly together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now