Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

General internet dating support and chit chat thread

(989 Posts)
lubeybooby Mon 19-Sep-11 22:15:41

Relationships seems the most appropriate place for this I think? Happy to ask for it to be moved if it's maybe better in _chat or something.

Anyway!

Chit chat your dating/internet dating claptrap here! <refers mostly to self>

Also your hints and tips please for dating in the shark pit on the internet

I'll start.

I'm 31, single and rather fed up of it now. Have a few internet dating profiles, am trying to improve my social life and get out more, even looking out for possible additional temp jobs just to be.... 'out there' a bit more.

Even had a go at cosmic ordering which has been cropping up in dating related threads recently. Now I'm a very scientific and cynical kind of person but when it comes to my (currently appalling) love life I will try anything to give it a bit of a boost. Whether that be focusing the mind on the task in hand or strange unknown forces I care not.

<goes off to check for reply from newly found possible lovely man>

lubeybooby Mon 19-Sep-11 22:22:01

Oooh! Got one as well. Reply that is! grin

RedRubyBlue Mon 19-Sep-11 22:24:13

Ahh I see!

adamschic Mon 19-Sep-11 22:35:47

I've done my cosmic ordering list. About 60 points, not too much to ask is it? Will print it out tomorrow and put it in a book. Does it need a ritual?

Then I might reactivate my profile and I am going out this weekend so fingers crossed. Oh something else I can think of to ask. For him to turn up soon at least before christmas.

stayforthekids1 Mon 19-Sep-11 22:55:22

what is this cosmic ordering?!

RedRubyBlue Mon 19-Sep-11 22:56:45

Lubey

May I answer? Or can I leave it to you?

stayforthekids1 Mon 19-Sep-11 23:06:42

its okay I googled it. Love the idea...off to work on my order grin

What OLD sites does everyone use?

MadameDefarge Mon 19-Sep-11 23:10:36

eco plumber is in Spain so am awaiting his return before meeting. Grrh! Also my subscription to gsm has run out but I am getting mail from really hot men whom I cannot reply to!

Double grrh.

So cosmic ordering list. I write it down. then burn it. where does the drawing of hearts on self come in?

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 20-Sep-11 00:59:42

Message withdrawn

stayforthekids1 Tue 20-Sep-11 10:18:00

I only had six points on mine. Either I dont want a lot or I havent quite got the right idea. Still...be interesting to see what transpires!

LittleHousebytheRiver Tue 20-Sep-11 12:38:11

I ordered a man and specified lots of points but forgot to say I didn't want a nutjob. Sadly the first one arrived damaged and strange so had to go back. The second one is promising but the list obviously needs to be more detailed!

carlywurly Tue 20-Sep-11 12:53:08

It's very important not to leave things off. Have learned this through experience (gritted teeth) I fear my next list will be about 324 points long just to be on the safe side.

Am itching to give it a go, but don't think current DP would be happy. Would quite like to order him a replacement but vastly upgraded version of me at the same time grin

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 20-Sep-11 13:21:01

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 20-Sep-11 13:21:32

Message withdrawn

stayforthekids1 Tue 20-Sep-11 13:26:14

eek so it has to be really detailed as in bridget jones style...new man must not be a fuckwit, alcoholic, workaholic, pervert or megalomaniac etc ect? God knows what I am getting next month then grin

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 20-Sep-11 13:29:23

Message withdrawn

stayforthekids1 Tue 20-Sep-11 13:31:23

I could do a bit of perversion. As long as it doesnt contain feet.

What bugs you about date number 3 man? I am nosy have no life

charlottesmum5 Tue 20-Sep-11 14:32:46

Can I join in? I was the one who posted recently about Warty Man...anyhoo, I have another man lined up (haven't met yet so not sure about the warts)..so we are still in the non visual communication stage. Anyone got any tips as to how I can ensure I don't lower myself to the same gutter level standard from a few weeks ago?

lubeybooby Tue 20-Sep-11 15:11:27

I don't mind a bit of perversion either long as they don't need it to erm... get going. That one went on the list grin

Charlottesmum who was warty man? I've missed that one do tell...

lubeybooby Tue 20-Sep-11 15:13:49

and yes Shiney lets hear what's bugging you.

Last night's possible lovely man has revealed himself as something of a hipster. So that won't be going any further (you know the I hate any music soon as it's in the chart only likes obscure bands no ones heard of crap along with I'm much better/cooler than you type attitude) so yeah. Gorn he is.

adamschic Tue 20-Sep-11 16:35:52

Just drawn a mini heart on my hand but it looks like an upside down bum.

Lubey good for you, you don't want someone who ridicules your girl aloud collection. grin

LittleHousebytheRiver Tue 20-Sep-11 16:46:57

lubey the music thing is a worry. I have got to 4th date with the Very Nice Man but he has a thing for Prog Rock. Is this a No? Or should I just allow some diversity?

Also he has 18 bicycles. That is a worry!

On the plus side he is attentive, kind and thinks I am fantastic smile

lubeybooby Tue 20-Sep-11 17:11:27

lmao @ us troupe of women with hearts on our hands and lists on our windowsills. Bonkers, but good I think grin

adamschic and littlehouse yes the music thing is off putting. It's the attitude that goes with it more than the music itself, so littlehouse I think I would let him off for that one. 18 bicycles?? shock is he a bit of a hoarder or does he do them up to sell or something confused attentive, kind and thinks you're fantastic sounds good though.

charlottesmum5 Tue 20-Sep-11 17:16:50

Ooh I don't know how to link to my thread about Warty Man but hopefully someone here can help. I'm afraid my wish list aka cosmic ordering might be unrealistic but I'll give it a go..:-)

lubeybooby Tue 20-Sep-11 17:24:51

It's ok I found it! Ewwwwwwwwwwww! And via your profile so I will add that you are gorgeous and deserve far more than icky wartiness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now