Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

violent ex

(9 Posts)
H2010 Mon 19-Sep-11 11:33:13

finding of fact court hearing
Really scared I've got a finding of fact hearing next week with my violent abusive ex. He has applied for contact with my daughter who is 16 months old. He hasn't seen her since she was 9 weeks old because he was sent to prison for violence against me. since being released from prison he has done nothing but threaten me he has tried to kick my door down at 3 in the morning, thraetend to kill me and my family, threatened to abduct the baby and told me I will never see her again, stole my car, smashed up another 3 of my cars outside my house, broke his harassment order, threatened my mum, set fire to my mums property with my disabled sister inside the list is endless. He's been to prison once for crimes against me and also been given a community order, harrassment order and a restrainuing order.. All of these things have been reported to the police and he's got a criminal record as long as my arm since splitting with him I found out he's also been to prison for harrassing his ex and assaulting her brother. With all this happeneing I've had to move house away fromall my family and friends so e doesn't know were I am. Finding of facts next week so scared he'll get access to my little princess he only decided to apply for contct when she was 7months old
SORRY ITS SO LONG !!!!

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 19-Sep-11 15:01:59

What has your solicitor or legal adviser told you is likely to be the outcome of the case?

H2010 Mon 19-Sep-11 16:03:44

I havn't got a legal rep I'm having to rep myself not entitled to legal aid and can't afford a solicitor,he's also repping himself

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 19-Sep-11 16:24:45

Do you have documented evidence of your ex's history, and do you feel confident about representing yourself?

Without being in possession of all of the facts, it is not possible to properly advise you here and I wouldn't want to get your hopes up or plunge you into more despair by predicting possible outcomes.

I would imagine that, among other worries, you're terrified that he may come to discover your whereabouts through the Court process.

Contact the National Centre for Domestic Violence www.ncdv.org.uk as they may be able to help/advise you. Also consider giving Women's Aid a call 0808 2000 247. And please come back here or post again in the Legal section after you've made your calls.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 19-Sep-11 16:27:02

I hope you have a friend/relative (or several) who will accompany you to the Court and that you will be taking every precaution when you leave the building.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 19-Sep-11 16:28:23

I hope you have a friend/relative (or several) who will accompany you to the Court and that you will be taking every precaution when you leave the building.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 19-Sep-11 16:29:01

Apologies for duplicate post.

H2010 Tue 20-Sep-11 10:36:12

Hi
Yes I have documented evidence of his history as do the police,and I feel confident repping myself. I haven't given the court my address they have my mums don't trust them notto disclose it. I have several friends coming to court with me and I will also take a different route home so he cannot follow me
Thanks
H

notsorted Tue 20-Sep-11 10:45:15

Hi, if you can and haven't already talk to Women's Aid about what safety precautions court should adhere to, also any one who may be able to give you a bit more free legal advice. There is the Childrens Legal Centre who can give you some free pointers - you are essentially speaking on behalf of your children. Is there someone acting as a 'McKenzie' friend for you (non-legal support for self-reppers), also you can find free telephone legal advice - usually no more than 20 mins, but may be helpful if you need to straighten out any points. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now