Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Problems with sex after c-section

(4 Posts)
Booboostoo Sun 18-Sep-11 12:51:29

My c-section was a very pleasant experience with a very good recovery, but I still have one weird problem; sex is extremely painful. Penetration causes a really painful, burning feeling around the perineal muscles. My geneo was a bit perplexed as the c-section should not have had an effect on this. She said it was due to lack of oestrogen and gave me oestrogen pesaries, but there is no improvement at the end of treatment. I am bfing. The pain is bad enough that sex is impossible and also reminiscent of problems I had when I first tried to have sex years ago.

Has anyone been through anything similar after birth? Did you find anything that helped you overcome it?

HappyAsASandboy Sun 18-Sep-11 13:41:57

I have the same issue. I believe it is due to a reduced oestrogen level, as the reduced levels can result in dryness.

I don't think it is anything to do with the C section - I think it is to do with hormone levels not having returned to normal after pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding.

No solution from me <too knackered anyway emoticons>, but you could try a lubricant?

Booboostoo Sun 18-Sep-11 15:12:28

She gave me a lubricant as well and I have also been on the mini-pill but no help!

I'm 3.5 months after birth, how long has it been for you?

HappyAsASandboy Thu 22-Sep-11 07:31:02

11 months blush

I'm still breastfeeding twins tho, which is bound to make your body do anything to avoid another pregnancy mess with hormone levels

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now