Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Bah. It's just not FAIR. (semi childish rant coming on)

(5 Posts)
Lifeinlalaland Sat 17-Sep-11 14:26:22

Why oh why is it that the ONE time I meet someone who I really like they are already in a relationship?

Now please don't get me wrong, I am not planning on following up this attraction in any way, I have strong views about going for someone who is partnered.

But argh! It's been a year since I split with my EA ex and I have not even come close to finding anyone else even mildly attractive and so on.

I was beginning to think I was a bit doomed and was despairing of feeling attracted to anyone else again, worrying I might be a bit 'broken' or something.

Then I met someone through a work thing and after spending some time around him suddenly got that uh oh I am VERY attracted to him feeling. I don't need to see him again for work for a few reasons so I can nip this in the bud right now and make sure I don't continue some pointless crush and so on...but this afternoon I feel so bummed out and basically have a slightly childish voice in my head going 'it's not faiiiiiiiiir'.

I know this is hardly an earth shattering problem like other people are going through, it's just i'm kind of lonely and really miss having a closeness you get in a relationship. I can't remember the last time I was kissed or held and so on. I have a busy social and work life, see lots of family and have been meeting people and keeping my mind open about meeting someone in a romantic way and I really truly have not even found ONE person attractive like this in the whole time i've been single. Had that whole sparky feeling even though I was doing my level best to not let it show or be anything other than 100% professional. Just grrr, sometimes it feels like it will never happen for me relationship wise.

So guess just having a little whinge here. :-S Feel free to tell me to stop being silly.

Anniegetyourgun Sat 17-Sep-11 19:52:22

Nah, it just means your 'ormones are back on track. Welcome the feeling and look forward to having it for someone available soon!

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sat 17-Sep-11 20:15:14

If only we could bottle that fizz!!

Flights of fantasy indicate that we have a creative imagination which needs to be given room to express itself on occasion and you're not being silly - but, on this occasion you would be if you acted on it as it's never a good idea to mix business with pleasure.

See these feelings for what they are; proof that you've healed and moved on and are now ready to open up and become intimate with a member of the opposite sex again.

Be patient - you will meet someone who's fully available to light your fire and I have a feeling you'll be burning a Yule log with him.

MangoMonster Sat 17-Sep-11 20:55:55

Someone else will come along, have faith.

Lifeinlalaland Sun 18-Sep-11 17:00:00

Thank you for your replies :-).

Yea looking at it realistically I barely know this person and even if my little crush was returned it doesn't matter as I don't plan on seeing them again if I can avoid it.

I like the positivity you have all put on this, I think looking at it that i've finally HAD some sort of proper sparkiness with someone is really good and I am probably getting to the stage where I am ready to meet someone. I have noticed in the last few weeks that I have been feeling so much better after the bad relationship, so this is probably another indicator on the road to healthy relationship happiness :-D.

Thanks again reading these replies really made me snile today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now