Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please help me to help her

(4 Posts)
BookNerd Fri 16-Sep-11 12:00:14

Hi everyone,

Newbie here and I was wondering if you could possibly give me some advice.

My best friend's fiance has left her. It was all friendly, as there is a child involved, but we've since found out there was also another woman involved. It seems 'something' may have been going on for a while, its all very unclear.

She is devastated and I was wondering if anyone else could give me some advice on how I can best support her and look after her - any words of wisdom from experience?

Mouseface Fri 16-Sep-11 12:02:31

Hello. smile

The best thing that you can do for her is to listen and hold her hand for a while.

Just let her talk. She'll probably go through various stages of 'grief' but she needs to let it all out.

One thing I would advise is don't slag him off, let her do that. Otherwise she'll wonder why you hadn't said something sooner IYSWIM?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 16-Sep-11 15:35:34

The second best thing you can do for her is to suggest she joins mumsnet and help her write a post in this section so that she can get more support from others who've gone through the same experience.

As mouseface has said, you should resist any temptation to slag him off - happily, responders here won't be under any similar constraint grin

Punkatheart Fri 16-Sep-11 19:01:30

Yes come here - there is a specific thread called The Heartbreak Club. She will have all sorts of emotions but yes, she will want to talk. Give her a hug - I know exactly how she feels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now