Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I Have a Date Tonight!

(64 Posts)
MotherMucca Fri 16-Sep-11 01:05:32

Have been languishing on PoF (I know!) and had a message from a man whose profile is good, messages suggest he's a larf.

I have not gorn on an ID for years. I know all the safe dating stuff, no probs there. The man (as suggested in his photos) is no Tom Hardy.

This does not matter, does it? I know it's impossible to judge chemistry via photos. Is my reticence due to nerves, or an almost certain knowledge that I won't get fanny gallops from this man?

MotherMucca Fri 16-Sep-11 01:06:32

P.S. We rendezvous tonight at 7:30.

ednurse Fri 16-Sep-11 01:59:03

Did you enjoy your date?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 16-Sep-11 02:44:57

Mucca's got to wait another 17.5 hours to start enjoying her date, ed.

'Way to go, Mucca. It's best to dip your toe in slowly after such a lengthy hiatus.

As long as you have a few larfs you should be able to overlook the lack of fanny gallops but be careful - some of us can easily be larfed into the sack.

Of course, the minute you get home you must report here and give us a full warts & all account .

<<Friday night bumsex emoticon>>

MotherMucca Fri 16-Sep-11 08:18:05

You are right, of course izzy. I am a bit gagging though, it's been a long time. He seems like a veh veh nice man and amusing, so I'm sure I'll have a good evening.

Of course I will rush in to update later.

blush grin wink blush

ike1 Fri 16-Sep-11 08:21:10

Hopefully no warts izzy (thinking of the recent thread re t'internet dating and STI)

MotherMucca Fri 16-Sep-11 08:40:14

shock missed that one ike. Where, pray tell, can it be found?

RabbitPie Fri 16-Sep-11 08:50:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MotherMucca Fri 16-Sep-11 08:58:31

fishpie, it's a goodern innit? Wish I could remember the MNer who coined it first, so that I could credit her. grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 16-Sep-11 15:50:21

blush Apologies, Mucca - most unfortunate choice of words.

So, rendezvous later this evening for debriefing? Providing you weren't debriefed earlier and decided to stay the night wink

MotherMucca Fri 16-Sep-11 17:52:49

Thank god you're interested, izzy! grin at where/how I'll debrief later!
(Acksherley my 'briefs' is one of them sucky-in-shorts-allinone-wear-your-own-bra jobbies. Think Big Daddy unitard and you're not far off.)

Feeling a bit nervous now. <<opens wine>>

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 16-Sep-11 18:11:19

Have a large wine Mucca, but not so large that you'll be putty in his hands - or feel the need to remove your unitard in a hurry.

It's good strategy to play hard to get into your undies as most men enjoy the thrill of the chase.

Treating 'em mean with a hint of possible -ahem- kindnesses at a later date has always worked for me.

I'm looking forward to your full and frank account with no holds barred a la Big Daddy.

I hope you have a great time.

Bluebelle38 Fri 16-Sep-11 18:29:53

Have a great time!!! smile

ednurse Fri 16-Sep-11 19:07:21

Sorry, I was on my phone on a night shift and all confused! Have a good time!!

ike1 Fri 16-Sep-11 19:18:06

Yes enjoy, but if I remember rightly the MN in question was instructed that she had to keep her knick knacks on due to the 'gentleman' having said warts + sex was banned for 6 mnths. T'internet dating 4 ya (hands in badge).

AngryFeet Fri 16-Sep-11 19:21:02

Good luck!

charlottesmum5 Fri 16-Sep-11 21:00:11

It was me with the wart man!!! And no I still haven't officially dumped him although I haven't seen him in 2 weeks and we have only spoken twice. My cat died, then his mum died and now he's in Shagaluf. He's not back for another 10 days, then he has his mum's funeral!! OMG this is going to be the most dragged out dumping ever. And he still has my hedge trimmer!!

MotherMucca Fri 16-Sep-11 21:42:26

I'll be back soon... confused

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 16-Sep-11 21:47:17

Ye gods, your bush must be running rampant by now cm!

I lived in Mallorca and I've been to Shagaluf. It's remnants of the season time there now - think lights going up in the disco just before chucking out time when the saddos who didn't get lucky earlier renew their desperate attempts to score.

Just a thought, bet he goes in the 'golfers' bar - full of older men who've left their wifeys behind while they focus their attention on holes. It has those weird lights that make whites ultra dazzling - makes it easy to spot the false choppers.

So his poor mum's on ice till he returns from his jolly? Jeez, what a caring guy he is. Makes me wonder who, or how many, will be going home with a souvenir they hadn't bargained for. Hope he keeps his wetsuit on.

My sincere condolences for the sad loss of your cat.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 16-Sep-11 21:48:58

O dear, Mucca.

The night is still young - spill!!!

Jellykat Fri 16-Sep-11 22:18:14

Mucca, posting at 9.42 - Where you in the pub loo on your phone?..

Judging by your confused, do you need a friend to phone you with a 'getaway' excuse?.. (Hope it's not that bad!)

charlottesmum5 Fri 16-Sep-11 22:26:41

Love it Izzy, you have hit the nail on the head quite literally. He text me earlier to say he got in at 2am this morning - i didn't bother replying cos I don't want to spend any more money on Barnacle Bill...

Bluebelle38 Fri 16-Sep-11 22:32:14

Barnacle Bill haha Is he a cling-on???

MotherMucca Fri 16-Sep-11 22:51:09

Right. <<Gets typing>>

It is not worth staying up for, btw! (Sorry.)

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 16-Sep-11 22:52:47

He got in at 2am -on holiday in Mallorca cm??!! He must be into early nights - what a wuss.

Or it could be he stockpiled drinks at the all-inclusive bar of his hotel (they usually close cmidnight-1pm) and went to bed after he downed them. The cheapskate didn't want to put his hand in pocket at one of the numerous bars that are open through the night - tightwad.

In any event, the fact that's he texting you suggests he's not having to fight women off over there - no disrespect to you, of course grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now