Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone read about commitmentphobia?

(3 Posts)
NessCathy Thu 15-Sep-11 15:13:57

I just wondered if anyone had ready anything about commitmentphobia? I'm reading Men Who Can't Love by Steven Carter.

How do you distinguish between it and the other person just not being the right person?

Berries Thu 15-Sep-11 17:03:45

Tbh my answer to this one is 'does it matter'. If you're looking for a loving relationship then neither the 'commitment phobic' or 'not the right one' is going to be able to give that. Turn the focus on what you need, not them.

* should just say that I've had 2 years of this and the problem with 'commitment phobia' is that you keep thinking it can be 'fixed' so hang in there

rightchoice Thu 15-Sep-11 22:04:46

TBH even if they commit it does not guarantee they stay faithful, just look at all the divorces and separations we read on MN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now