Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If ever I needed any proof that he is a lying robotic arsehole twat, I certainly found it........

(15 Posts)
HumanBeing Wed 14-Sep-11 16:11:00

This is one of my many name changes and have been on MN for yonkers.

Thought I might share with you how absolutely hideously pathetic a certain type of man really is.

So, I split with my abusive H a few months ago - some threads about that too in other names, and have been doing a bit of dating without him knowing. Nothing serious, just a nice diversion what the hideousness of him but I have never lied to him about it - just said "it's none of your business, we are separated etc". He still constantly verbally abuses me - and tries a bit of psychological abuse too. Nothing physical since he left <lucky me>

But overall since the split, he has been constantly playing the sad man about how much he loves me, how much he needs me, how much there is no-one else who could ever be me, and bla bla bla. I have actually always thought to myself that he cannot really love me because he actually treats me like total shite, but then a part of you thinks, oh god I feel sorry for him, and I feel so bad for him for being so destroyed. Friends feel sorry for him because he is so devastated etc etc. You feel bad. But thankfully in this case not so bad that I got back with him. But I have been EXTREMELY amicable with him, despite what he has done and continues to do to me.

Anyway, yesterday, I remembered me logging into FB for him a while ago to put a picture up and wondered if the password were the same. Lo and behold it was. And there he is ENCOURAGING ANOTHER WOMAN TO LEAVE HER HUSBAND FOR HIM. Literally I could have shat in my own mouth. He was saying things like "I am mad about you", "I will always be here for you", " Sometimes you just can't overcome chemistry", "good morning you gorgeous woman" etc etc etc.

I have just spoken to him about an hour ago and again was declaring undying love for me, how noone will ever be right for him, he can't even look at another woman, how he will regret what he did to me for the rest of his life.....and so on.

IT IS SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE HOW EASY IT IS FOR MEN LIKE HIM TO LIE.

Literally a few hours ago he was encouraging a woman to leave her husband for him. Words fail me.

Maybe we could make this thread for extraordinary bullshit lies that twat head men tell? smile

BelleEnd Wed 14-Sep-11 16:13:28

Why are you checking his facebook? You already know he's an arse.

I did ROFL at "Literally I could have shat in my own mouth" though. I don't know how shocked you have to be to literally do that. grin

HumanBeing Wed 14-Sep-11 16:17:48

I am checking his facebook because he is CONSTANTLY giving me shit about whether I am seeing other men. The hypocrisy is astounding and now proven. It makes me feel better :-)

BelleRomford74 Wed 14-Sep-11 16:18:22

Omg... what a nasty man he is!!...sadly in my experience all too typical of the male spieces!! ..At least maybe in a way it is a good thing you did your detective work as you now know what a complete lack of morals he has & you can move on without any guilt coz actually he can't be as devastated as he is making out!! Good luck for the future, hope you are lucky enough to meet one of the few decent guys out there if so & he has a brother send him my way!!! lol x

IggyPup Wed 14-Sep-11 16:18:48

My ex told so many lies he forgot what he had made up and what was the truth.

Ok, so he is a liar, but what rubbed salt in my sensitive to salt areas was he kept telling me that I was having mental problems because I was getting confused all the time.

Hmmmm........

HumanBeing Wed 14-Sep-11 16:20:21

Oh and has made me feel like I am not going mad. Abusive me want to make you question your judgment all the time.

MadamXx Wed 14-Sep-11 16:26:13

I know the type all too well!!

to me - "I'm just not ready for a relationship at all, I need to be by myself for at least 2 years to get my head sorted out and even then, I'll never get with anyone who has children again as it's all just too complicated."

THE NEXT DAY TO ANOTHER WOMAN!! - "How old are your children? I love kids and would never have a problem bringing up children that were not mine. How would you like to go for a drink sometime? are you free this weekend?"

Later that same day to me - "yes, definitely need some time to myself. Not interested in another relationship right now, I'm quite happy on my own."

I'm that gobsmacked by how easy it is for men like this to lie that I often start questioning my own sanity!! Perhaps I dreamt up the previous conversations we had?! hmm

HumanBeing Wed 14-Sep-11 16:33:41

EXACTLY that MadamXx.
Can't believe that until yesterday I was feeling guilty about dumping him and going on a few shit dates. NO MORE

Thumbwitch Wed 14-Sep-11 16:40:27

I spent a year of my life pandering to a pathological liar - never again. He couldn't talk without lying. And yet, while you're with them, you somehow manage to find a way around the lies, to excuse them when you find out about them, to give them chance after chance - until you suddenly wake up to what they're doing to you (if you're lucky).

For some people, it's as natural as breathing. I hate it.

MadamXx Wed 14-Sep-11 16:41:02

Yes Human I fell into that trap. I finished with my ex and then had him coming to me saying how much he missed me, how he'd always loved me and it was only after we split that he realised how much he loved me. How he could never have anyone else as it was ME he wanted more than anything in the world.
Funny then how he was chatting up another woman just hours earlier and had been desperately trying to "Pull" for the two weeks previous to this.

MadamXx Wed 14-Sep-11 16:42:39

Thumbwitch you are so right. When I was with him even though I KNEW he was lying to me it didn't seem "that bad" at the time. Because it came so naturally to him it kind of made me think I was the one being unreasonable. It's mad.

HumanBeing Wed 14-Sep-11 16:47:14

It really is totally totally mad. I have just looked him in the eye when he was saying it, and there was nothing, no signs of lies at all. I wonder whether they would pass a lie detector test??

I KNEW he was lying too - because I know you don't abuse people when you love them - but there was always that optimistic doubt that no-one could be such a grotesque twat.
No more. I shall smugly continue with my secret knowledge of his true colours.

notverywisewoman Sat 17-Sep-11 21:18:51

just spotted this thread from a few days ago, had to comment! My ex got married 4 weeks ago ,within 2 weeks of the happy day he was at my house telling me how much he loved me ,couldn't keep away etc.Really laid it on thick,had me thinking ,maybe he made a mistake!should I see him again?God he really loves me! Then he goes and says he cannot see me again,but is back the next week,driving me nuts again.By this stage I am confused, but thank god for facebook,I took a look at his wall,he has no privacy settings so not really snooping.There he is ,saying how much he loves and his gorgeous wife and chatting with his mother in law.Big reality check, for me at least,he is a twat and a liar.Wonder if his wife realises yet.

wannaBe Sat 17-Sep-11 21:32:38

it's obvious that you're not over him if you need to check up on his facebook. Because if you were then anything he said would just wash over you.

So he's a bullshitter. But you're not together any more so why should it matter?

How would you feel if he was snooping into your fb account to catch you out even though you're not together any more?

Gay40 Sat 17-Sep-11 21:52:04

"I could have shat in my own mouth."
Definitely phrase of the week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now