Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I have no Libido, what can I do? :(

(9 Posts)
SheetInspector Wed 14-Sep-11 11:27:29

Have namechanged for this.

How can I up my libido? Recently I have found myself really not wanting sex at all, I just cant summon up the energy or the need for it. I'm really starting to feel sorry for DP as he is always the one coming on to me to just be rejected most of the time for stupid reasons. I wish I wanted it more....but I just dont.

What can I do before it becomes a big issue?

RudeEnglishLady Wed 14-Sep-11 11:49:53

Are you using any medications? Or are you taking the contraceptive pill? Basically, are there any physiological reasons for this? It might be something quite straightforward.

SheetInspector Wed 14-Sep-11 12:11:26

Yes, I've been on the pill for 1 year since having DS and was on it for a couple of years pre DC aswell. Am also on 20mg of citalopram but have never had a problem with it affecting me this way before.

Witchofthenorth Wed 14-Sep-11 12:13:47

How recently OP and sorry for this question OP but, do you masturbate? Can you get aroused still on your own?

Ormirian Wed 14-Sep-11 12:17:25

citalopram is a real passion killer IME.

SheetInspector Wed 14-Sep-11 12:22:20

I suppose its been getting worse over the last year but over the past few months I seem to have lost all interest.

I dont masturbate but I suppose I probably could get aroused from it if I did. I can still get aroused with DP but it just takes me ages and any sort of seduction or foreplay from him just seems to annoy me more than anything.

Witchofthenorth Wed 14-Sep-11 13:12:34

How old is DS? I lost my libido for nearly two years after having my son. Would it be anything to do with you being a new mum? Have yo and your P spoken about it at all?

Witchofthenorth Wed 14-Sep-11 13:13:18

That should of course say you and DP blush

farfallarocks Wed 14-Sep-11 13:41:31

The pill totally wrecked my libido.

The more sex you have the more you feel like it, you could be stuck in a rut

Excluding any physical or emotional issues I would try and have a nice date, get some lube and give it go and see if getting back in the saddle helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now