Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Lief after divorce-7 yrs on.Hope for all.

(11 Posts)
ledkr Wed 14-Sep-11 08:27:53

Hello all.

Today would have been my 17th wedding anniversary had he not exchanged me 7 years ago.

I am happy,remarried and having a ball. I never give him a second thought apart from to wonder why he ignores his beautifull children.
I have single handedly bought up my 9 yr old dd and she is a delight.
My ds's are all grown and doing very well.

I am very proud of myself and them.

Anyone care to join me in a toast to absent knobheads?

I though this may bring a glimmer of hope to some of you,and maybe a smile.

Onwards. grin

ledkr Wed 14-Sep-11 08:30:18

ps,obviously i mean life grin <tuts> Im sure you can work it out tho.

RabbitPie Wed 14-Sep-11 08:39:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lubeybooby Wed 14-Sep-11 08:43:11

<chink> to absent knobheads grin

I am very much happier without my exdh. It's been a bumpy road but a happy one most of the time and I have no doubt there is better to come. Hearing things like this helps keep the positivity up so thank you grin

ledkr Wed 14-Sep-11 12:49:01

chin chin, thanks ladies.

anothermum92 Wed 14-Sep-11 14:35:08

Message withdrawn

wellthatsdoneit Wed 14-Sep-11 16:12:23

Great thread. Good to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Here's to you and the absence of knobbers.

ledkr Wed 14-Sep-11 17:28:06

Im so glad a few of you have been boosted by this,i was truly lost and scared and am now a different person.
The only way is up girls.

brightwell Wed 14-Sep-11 19:34:42

I'm almost 12 years down the line and have to agree...life couldn't be sweeter. I've moved house, studied for a degree and brought up 2 dc. I do have a long term partner, we don't live together. Suits us both fine. And while it has been an emotional roller coaster at times...to get to this stage of contentedness (don't think it's a word) I would go through it again to get where i am.

ledkr Thu 15-Sep-11 17:06:22

Thats a nice post brightwell i would do it all again as well,im not sure about the children as he hardly has anything to do with them but i guess i cant control that.

Patienceobtainsallthings Thu 15-Sep-11 22:55:26

Yep life is so much better since i split from Ex 2 yrs ago .......FREEDOM smilexxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now