Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How long do you have sex for?

(13 Posts)
Zoggsrus Tue 13-Sep-11 22:56:23

very hesitant about broaching this as I think our average might be on the low side!

itsnotpossibleisit Tue 13-Sep-11 23:05:02

I would say it depends on the moment and the situation. Also I do not think it matters how long what it really matters is the quality. Sometimes it may just be 15 minutes other times it can be an hour or even more. It also depends which games you play and what you consider sex. If for you sex is just penetration or also the playing game before penetration.

Hope this helps you

EricNorthmansMistress Tue 13-Sep-11 23:08:31

In a session? Until we're both done grin if I'm not tired we would have some foreplay beforehand and might take 20-30 mins or so, but usually I'm too knackered for that so it's more of a quickie 5 -10 minute job.

Zoggsrus Tue 13-Sep-11 23:26:26

Ok, say from initial instigation, so that would include foreplay.
I completely agree that it's about quality.
I think it's the time and energy that we just don't have.
Kids around, shattered after bedtime. One of us falls asleep on the couch, but I was assuming that was normal.
Even if we had hours to spare, I don't think we would have sex for hours. Maybe we have just gotten used to doing it quickly!

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 14-Sep-11 00:26:20

It depends on mood, weather, moon phase, etc. Sometimes it's deliciously slow; others fast and furious.

And occasionally I get Sting and his lute round for a tantric session - he goes on all night while I catch up on mumsnet or read a book

cecilyparsley Wed 14-Sep-11 00:40:05

in my experience the marathon 5 hour sessions are limited to the early days of a relationship, later on it's usually half an hour at best sad

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 14-Sep-11 00:45:10

O those heady 5 times a night and more in the morning, afternoon, and evening, days grin

I'm looking forward to a few of those in the very near future, meantime it's cold showers and cocoa at bedtime blush

Aworryingtrend Wed 14-Sep-11 15:21:18

During the week 20 minutes or so. Weekends and holidays probably more like 45 minutes.

Hullygully Wed 14-Sep-11 15:22:47

Sex? What's that?

EightiesChick Wed 14-Sep-11 15:25:27

Isn't there 'research' reported in the papers every few years that says the average is about 8 mins? Not sure whether that is designed to make us all feel better or worse smile

Squitten Wed 14-Sep-11 15:26:19

DS2 wakes up if me and DH look at each other for too long, let alone anything else...

Quickies or nowt in this house!

peterpan99 Wed 14-Sep-11 22:04:43

until DD runs in shouting for cereal!

cecilyparsley Wed 14-Sep-11 22:28:15

8 minutes Eightieschick??
that cant be right, is that a mean median or mode average?
Or are they only including actual penetration...hmm, in which case maybe about right confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now