Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

destructive relationship needs to end - injunction?

(4 Posts)
moonwood Tue 13-Sep-11 11:46:55

I have just phoned solicitors to assist in the end of my marriage. My DH has been emotionally and verbally abusive towards me and i cant take it anymore. Last night he attempted to stop me sleeping. He woke me up by pulling my nightwear because if he could not sleep then nor would i. He pulled covers off me came towards me threateningly and said that he would make my life unbearable until i leaved family home. later on he then found me trying to sleep on the sofa and turned the lights on full and continued verbal attack. I want an injunction. How do i get one to keep him away from him and to force him out of the home. He says he will never divorce me and he will never leave the house. I have called solicitors they are busy til thursday. I just want to know what to do.

RabbitPie Tue 13-Sep-11 11:50:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LittleHousebytheRiver Tue 13-Sep-11 15:24:57

My ex used to do that if I said I wanted to sleep at 1am after hours of tearful arguing/discussion. He would suddenly shout out and wake me up and pretend he hadn't. Because he was "too upset to sleep" and resented me being able to. I slept badly for months after I left him, too alert to relax. Could you go and stay with a friend for a few days?

niceguy2 Tue 13-Sep-11 22:58:54

You do need proper legal advice. That said, it won't be easy as things like this are incredibly hard to prove. You say he pulled the covers off you, he will either claim it was an accident (ie. i just pulled duvet) or deny it and you are some loony bitter ex wife trying to force him out of the house.

You could of course start covertly recording conversations but its an incredibly hard thing to maintain.

I fear it won't be easy to just get a court order to force him out. Perhaps its worth considering you moving? I mean some things are simply not worth your sanity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now