Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

just found condoms??

(12 Posts)
kayb123 Thu 08-Sep-11 14:35:51

i was putting washing away while 19mth daugther emptie the draw (a weird faze at mo), anyway today see goes for husbands bed side draw, after afew thing a thrown on flow and played with she pulls out 11 condoms (two strips and a single), we haven't used these in years, the expire date is 2015 so not old one, i know these are sold in packs of 12.

i dont understand, he is not one the phone all the time and doesn't stay out at night or even really have 'late' nights at work unless you call 6pm late. just a little confused as surely if seeing someone else he would be spending time away, he isn't pulling way or being unloving in anyway... what on earth do you think is going on?

mumsamilitant Thu 08-Sep-11 14:38:36

Think he'd be pretty stupid to leave them in the bedroom drawer if he was playing away to be honest.

luvsaschnoozer Thu 08-Sep-11 14:44:06

Posh wank maybe?

Hassled Thu 08-Sep-11 14:46:27

2015 could still be quite old, though, couldn't it - don't they have a really long shelf life? Agree that if he was up to no good he's unlikely to have left them in such an obvious place.

ColdTruth Thu 08-Sep-11 14:50:05

Condoms have a shelf life of 4 years if kept cool and dry, if you want an answer best ask your DH and judge his response.

mh85 Thu 08-Sep-11 15:08:48

Similar thing happened to me but 2 went missing.... OH denied it wholeheartedly so I think he was off doing his thing.

I reckon he's probably just saved you doing some washing - but confront him and if he denies it then ask more questions until he spills the beans.

Aislingorla Thu 08-Sep-11 16:35:00

Two years ago I found condoms in my DH's bedside table ,immediately asked him about them (I have had the coil fitted for 5 years now). He told me everything there and then (affair, of course, with colleague).
Don't waste any time, just ask him straight out!
Good luck.

Aislingorla Thu 08-Sep-11 16:37:48

PS; He wanted to be found out, therefore left them in an obvious place. I had suspected nothing.

mh85 Thu 08-Sep-11 16:39:26

@Aislongorla - what a complete and utter wanker. Hope you're well shot of him and happy now x

MangoMonster Thu 08-Sep-11 16:40:02

You should ask him straight but don't jump to conclusions.

Aislingorla Thu 08-Sep-11 16:49:05

Oh mh85! long boring story but we're still together!
He was desperate to stay and has not put a foot wrong since!
Agree with Mango, ask ASAP!

Aislingorla Fri 09-Sep-11 08:23:51

Hope you are OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now