Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationship in a rut

(4 Posts)
pinkphoto Wed 07-Sep-11 12:18:41

I can't really complain about my dh. It is just that the sparkle has gone from our relationship and things have become a bit mundane and boring. We have 2 dc age 4 and 6 ad life really revolves around them. I feel our relationship as a couple has taken a bit of a back seat.
Grandparents live a long way away so they are not an option for baby sitting. Also, we are on a very tight budget, so going out regularly tricky.
How can we get a bit of romance back?

pommedechocolat Wed 07-Sep-11 12:21:09

How is your sex life? Dh and I are always happier when we are having more and better sex.

Since having children this is a lot harder to achieve but when we make an effort on this part of our relationship everything else follows.

PhilipJFry Wed 07-Sep-11 12:32:05

Romance can be in small gestures. Little things that show you thought of your partner and wanted to do nice things for them can go a long way. Everything from bringing a cup of tea in the morning to picking up their favourite treat from the supermarket. I've found when me and my partner do these sorts of things our relationship improves because we feel like we're taking each other less for granted.

Also, physical contact like holding hands, kisses and just being close to one another is good.

I know these things sound rather small (maybe boring blush) but they've help me in the past.

pinkphoto Wed 07-Sep-11 12:39:49

Thanks for the quick replies. Sex life quite good, 3-4 times a week, but always in bed at bed time as oldest dc doesn't go to sleep that early any more. We went to my dh Christmas do last year in a hotel and my mum had the dc for 2 nights and it was fab - just like early days when we first met, so i know the passion is still there but get bogged down with day to day life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now