Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

feel neglected by husband

(4 Posts)
rosealba Mon 05-Sep-11 22:50:50

i have four kids, one only a few months old. My husband does not seem to care how tired I am or how unhappy I am. He takes on more work than necessary and I pay the price by having to spend more time coping alone. I am starting to really question the relationship. I feel constantly neglected. He always pushes things back at me, telling me for instance that I choose to breastfeed.

Kayano Mon 05-Sep-11 22:58:49

Have you talked to him about how you feel? Have a word and let him know you need more support.

Detail why you feel that way and tell him he needs to step up. What's he like with other DCs while you are with the baby?

babyhammock Mon 05-Sep-11 22:59:27

Even the way you've writen this, you sound exhausted sad
Throwing breastfeeding back at you.. yes of course its your own fault confused
He's clearly cock all use re helping you with the children, how's he in other areas? x

rosealba Mon 05-Sep-11 23:11:12

he is great at making kids laugh, quick entertainment but soon turns irritable.he seems to be more interactive in public eye like he needs other people's recognition. I've told him that I need him to help more but tonight he went off for three hours to an unnecessary meeting even though I have been in tears several times this week. I need to sleep now as baby is asleep but thanks for support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now