Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do you do

(8 Posts)
PernodPeril Sun 04-Sep-11 15:47:30

If you want someone to talk to, about problems, but daren't post on here for fear of being outed or seen by someone you would rather didn't see what you had to say? Even if I name changed, which I often do, I don't feel safe.

Sorry to post such an empty message. Am I the only one who desperately needs help but is too chicken to talk?

LittleHousebytheRiver Sun 04-Sep-11 15:50:00

Post what you want under a name change, without too many identifying details, have the discussion with us all, then ask for the thread to be deleted.

It will be fine!

thisisyesterday Sun 04-Sep-11 15:51:50

what is it you want to talk about? your relationship?
you can call the samaritans about any emotional problem... they'll listen to anything.
or if it's something more specific like abusive partner then you could ring women's aid?

but you know, if you namechange on here I think it's pretty unlikely anyone wold find out who you are?
you could even register a new free e-mail address and re-register for a completely unrelated profile on here?

InTheArmyNow Sun 04-Sep-11 16:31:34

Change important details, number of dcs, sex of dcs, ages if this has no real bearing on the situation.

Why are you so worried abut someone finding out? Would that put in danger physically/emotionally?

Kayano Sun 04-Sep-11 16:36:21

Change things like sexes around, your BIL becomes your friend etc, change your kids sexes and ages by a bit etc just keep events the same

Reduces chances of being outed

Nagoo Sun 04-Sep-11 16:43:55

'You' won't be outed anyway, if an interested party read the thread and you NC'd that is all they'd have on you, you go back to your usual name and forget about the NC.

If you ask for the thread to be deleted then the chances of the person you are asking about finding it in the time it was there must be very low.

TBH I often think that it would do some people good to read the thread about them....

ImperialBlether Sun 04-Sep-11 17:10:40

I've PM'd you, OP.

lazarusb Sun 04-Sep-11 17:19:19

You can always call the Samaritans OP, they are fantastic. Totally anonymous and can point you in the direction of support. But please talk to someone. Nothing is insurmountable, no matter how hard and frightening it seems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now