Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The Brave Babes Battle Bus - Sweeping Into Autumn With A One Way Ticket To Sobriety.

(1001 Posts)
Mouseface Thu 01-Sep-11 12:53:17

Phew, just in time!

I'm mouse and I love a few to drink. I love all things cheese and I love MrMouse <stares at certain Brave Babes> grin

Welcome to the Bus. We are a collection of drinkers, non-drinkers, and those who are somewhere in between but we all have the same thing in common, we can't just have 1 drink and then stop.

Come say hi, we don't bite smile.

Here are the other threads to date, if you have a spare hour or seven to kill. wink

OUR HISTORY

Fairenuff Thu 01-Sep-11 12:56:16

Yay I'm first on!

Fairenuff Thu 01-Sep-11 12:57:44

<hides under seat from mouse>

Mouseface Thu 01-Sep-11 13:02:41

<leaves out bacon butties, lemon drizzle cake, tea, coffee and ice cream>

So sorry Babes, it's been a bonkers morning with one thing and another.

I've been to the doctors trying to get help for my pain. Unfortunately, there really isn't much else that they can do for me until I have these pain relief injections and I'm still waiting to hear about them. On a list as per usual!

So the doc has double my morphine. sad Some people would be pleased I'm sure but every time they increase my meds, I lose a little bit more of me if that makes sense? He is looking into a new residential course for me for people with chronic pain. Hmm, residential. Not much chance of that unless we can get lots of help for Nemo......

Anyway, Nemo went with DH, MY DH!, to play group whilst I was at the docs and had a whale of a time! All the mums were flirting with him grin

He is such a tart!

I went to bed when I said last night but had a bad night with Nemo. I have bought him a GroClock that helps them to tell what the time is and when it's morning so time to get up etc...... they are BRILLIANT!!!

thurso - GREAT NEWS on the flat for the DC! Yayayayayay!

<eats all the cheese that was thrown at her>

I'll have to give some of you my number so you can ring me and say 'Oi, mouseface, thread!' grin

How are we all?

Mouseface Thu 01-Sep-11 13:03:32

<grabs Faire from under the seat and hugs for ages>

How are you today sweets? smile

bafanatheSober Thu 01-Sep-11 13:08:08

Wow, that was close mouse grin

Grabs bacon roll ravenously. Some people having been waiting since 7 am for food smile.

bafanatheSober Thu 01-Sep-11 13:11:48

I did almost text you to say that the thread was almost full grin but then realised that you are allowed a life beyond the confines of Gerald!! grin.

thursomuchtolookforwardto Thu 01-Sep-11 13:15:35

grin bafana, really, a life outside the thread grin

MsGee Thu 01-Sep-11 13:18:48

<mouth full of bacon sarnies>

lovely to see you Mouse close call with the other thread. Everyone was about to storm your house (some looking for your DH I think...). I have to say that your DH and mine have the same 'look' - do you think? Might be a pic of DH on bookofface.

Anyway, one benefit of the hangover is that I am working hard to prove I am not a total loser. grin

venusandmars Thu 01-Sep-11 13:19:31

Hello, I'm venus, I'm an alcoholic. And I love these threads because I can post all my rambling thoughts, I can encourage, cajole, be a little bit rude - and every one of those things helps me to deal with life in the real world.

I was in a panic reading the end of the last thread, I thought we'd run out of time before a new one was up, and I do so worry that people who'd lurked or occasionally posted would be floundering around unable to find the new thread. Well done mightymouse for flying in just in time x

thurso good to hear about ds's accommodation, at least you will be less worried knowing that he is in a nice little place. When my dd1 went to university I used to send her random things in the post, like a packet of expensive crisps or some good quality chocolate. I never wrote anything in them, and we pretended for a long time that she didn't know which 'stranger' had sent her anonymous gifts.

isindie My poor dp really doesn't 'get' my drinking / not drinking. He has learned not to really talk too much about it for fear of getting it wrong sad. I am quite content (usually) about the decisions that I have made about not drinking, but woe betide him if he is the one to suggest anything about not drinking, it sends me into automatic panic, as if I am going to be desperate for a drink and he is going to be the one in control of not giving it to me. I really don't understand the way I react. He has had his head bitten off more than once for trying to be supportive, where my alcoholic brain hears it as prevention, even when I've got no intention of drinking at all. Bizarre and a bit blush.

He also has to help out a lot more in the kitchen. I used to be more than happy to retreat in there for hours drinking cooking on my own, now I want him to do the boring tasks like peeling the potatoes and washing up, and he doesn't quite understand why his life has changed.

thurso (was it you who asked?) yes I'm making moussaka. My veg box this weeks has aubergines. I was very disappointed that it didn't have courgettes, because I loved the sound of Isindie's recipe - somehow I don't think aubergine muffins would work the same.

Zanywany Thu 01-Sep-11 13:19:36

Ahhh been beaten

venusandmars Thu 01-Sep-11 13:22:57

Of course drinking should have been scored out, not emphasised grin

Isindebetterplace Thu 01-Sep-11 13:44:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fairenuff Thu 01-Sep-11 13:44:38

I'm good today thanks Mouse. Have been on and off with the drinking since coming back from holiday but stopped completely now for 4 days and I really do feel faberooney. I was planning (not projecting) to have some wine on Saturday as we have friends staying for the weekend but at the moment I really can't even bear the thought of it! confused

For me, not drinking wine is becoming a bit like drinking tea without sugar - you think you're going to hate it but actually it's even better grin

Isindebetterplace Thu 01-Sep-11 13:48:57

Mouseface Thu 01-Sep-11 13:50:18

Faire - I have give up wine too. I actually hate the way that it tastes. It's vile.

Champagne on the other hand....... wink

legalalien Thu 01-Sep-11 14:12:22

My muffins worked! I now have something I can volunteer to bake if someone demands some sort of baked item be brought somewhere. Hooray!

I managed to stop scoffing after two. DH thinks savoury muffins are the work of the devil. Do we think they'd freeze OK?

thurso sounds great re furniture.

thursomuchtolookforwardto Thu 01-Sep-11 14:19:04

Well done on your lovely muffins legal hmmgrin

Do muffins freeze?, I have four blueberry ones left over that will shortly start to fizz and ferment!

Mouseface Thu 01-Sep-11 14:23:17

thurso - freeze on the day of baking or purchase. I'd say pass them down the bus please!! grin

Isindebetterplace Thu 01-Sep-11 14:29:10

Mouseface Thu 01-Sep-11 14:44:11

It's glorious here. I'm going to change Nemo into shorts and t-shirt and go to feed the ducks, have an ice-cream and a wander to the park in piece and quiet. I may even call in on a friend.

Be back later or tomorrow lovelies.

I hope I'm forgiven for cutting it so fine with the thread. First and last time I promise. smile

Mouseface Thu 01-Sep-11 14:44:50

I mean change Nemo's clothes not him into shorts and t-shirt! grin grin

dementedma Thu 01-Sep-11 15:32:27

climbs aboard new thread keeping wary eye out for possessive mouse
These bloody bacon butties are cold! Service is shocking on here.
Thurso yay for DS - how jealous are you that he has a little hideaway of his own.....I would be. DH phoned to say he has bought me a surprise today - I feel really apprhensive....there will need to be grateful thanks offered hmm

thursomuchtolookforwardto Thu 01-Sep-11 15:35:06

Hmm, Ma depends, I hear that there is a new rabbit out, called a thruster something rude! It might be more of a surprise than you think grin

MsGee Thu 01-Sep-11 16:12:27

Here's hoping Ma's present is not of a thrusting kind.

Just to make you all smile this arvo, an ex of mine once bought me a cheap nasty vibrator rabbit type thing and thought it would be a nice surprise to leave it under my pillow when he left. I had two terrible night's sleep and bad neck ache before I discovered it. I was so horrified I wrapped it up in loads of bags and threw it in a bin far far from my house.

I'm not a total prude but it just seemed like such an odd thing to do...

This thread is not accepting new messages.