Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Strange dreams

(3 Posts)
lolaflores Wed 31-Aug-11 14:16:50

I am not sure if I am in the right department for this. But to be honest i don't really know what heading to put it under.

My dd2 is 4 years old. My dh and i have been together for 12 years and married for 5. So I got pregnant very soon after the wedding. Pregnancy was a nightmare and had to give up my job in a very busy but enjoyable department. In the time I was there, I worked with a man with whom I got along with famously. I think it would be fair to say there was a frisson of attraction between us, but nothing ever occured. I would say he was very good with women and I am not great with men in the main. Which kind of left me on the back foot.

Anyway, got married, got pregnant, left work and decided not to return. I have not seen or heard of him since. However, I have the most intense dreams about him. Not lustful, but the main theme is of intense loss. He wades through crowds of people to get to me and tell me he will come and see me soon. He hasn't forgotten me, but he is in a rush and has to go. These dreams happen every few weeks or so and leave me bereft. I love my husband and the dreams upset me as they make me feel disloyal.

MamaChoo Wed 31-Aug-11 18:24:23

It sounds like this man subconsciously represents a wider sense of loss. Perhaps there are aspects of your pre-children life that you miss more than you realise? In particular, an enjoyable non-child-related job?

lolaflores Thu 01-Sep-11 07:12:51

thank you, i think you have hit the subconcious nail on the head Mama choo. how is that Jimmy of yours getting along?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now