Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Bit drunk and listening to music

(5 Posts)
IQuiteLikeVodka Mon 29-Aug-11 21:44:24

and the ex has been texting about random shit (he left me) and I'm feeling a bit vulnerable.help please

TwoNoisyBoys Mon 29-Aug-11 22:26:51

Oh dear, no advice sorry, but didnt want you to think no-ones listening sad....think i'd be inclined to have an early night and things might seem better in the morning x

TheDreamWeaver Mon 29-Aug-11 22:29:02

Change the record! grin

Whatever you're listening to isn't working!

I love Skunk Anansie for a bit of AngryBitch music

Or Scissor Sisters for a stupid dance around the living room.

You won't hear your phone either, if you turn it up grin

SalmeMurrikAgain Mon 29-Aug-11 22:29:04

Not sure I can be any help, but didn't want to leave you unanswered. What are you listening to? It doesn't matter if it is raucous or melancholy, but it should be something you love, and nothing to do with your ex. I tend to stick on The Clash or The Hold Steady when I'm wasted, always makes me feel like I could take on the world.

Whatever crap your ex has put you through, don't put up with any more of it, IQLV.

Have you ever heard of Elizabeth Wurtzel? She's not exactly a role model of stability, but some of her advice is actually pretty good. This is from an article condensed from her book "The Bitch Rules", which is an etiquette manual for modern ladies, sort of thing grin

"If women had the kinds of consuming passions men seem to, that they will not allow a single fucking thing to get in the way of - be it watching sports or drinking with the boys - women would do more to assert their own rights...But insisting upon doing something you love - well, that makes a woman a creature of enjoyment and, frankly, a certain kind of liberating self- sufficiency. It is empowering to say no, but it is a great deal more pleasurable to say yes - and to have things to say yes to besides some man. ...there is something about loving life and yourself and your enthusiasms too much that makes it hard to put up with any idiot's crap.
"Be drunken, always. That is the point, nothing else matters," wrote Charles Baudelaire. "Drunken with what? With wine, with poetry or with virtue, as you please. But be drunken." And women must learn what is meant by these lines, what it means to be besotted with something other than some useless bloke."

Link:
mg.co.za/printformat/single/1998-08-14-get-a-life-girls/

Look after yourself. Turn your phone off. Consider changing your number when you're sober. Remember that the best revenge is living well.

IQuiteLikeVodka Tue 30-Aug-11 09:37:37

Ar thank you, I ended up going to bed, woke up with a sore head grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now