Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

feel like a 'hanger on' amongst two friends

(3 Posts)
Bumblequeen Mon 29-Aug-11 12:28:49

Posted a similar post months ago but this is still an issue for me.

Grew up with A and we met B around the same time. B has become closer with over last few years. They have developed other friendships with people I do not know, therefore I am not in this circle. Friend A often speaks of B; how close they now are, how close she is with family members, how much they value her. I only hear of B's life through A, even big events such as a sibling emigrating or getting married is divulged to me second hand. I see B once a year and speak roughly four times a year. Over the past year I have initiated meeting up and at the last minute it was cancelled. I just feel completely on the outside and it is hurtful as we used to be close. I also feel guilty as B has not gone out of her way to hurt me, she has just formed a circle which I am not part of.

I have other friends so perhaps need to focus on those who are willing to include me in their lives. Perhaps when A updates me on B, I will listen for 5 mins then subtly changed the conversation.

Fairenuff Mon 29-Aug-11 12:52:51

I think you may have answered your own question there. I have not read your other thread but you started out in a friendship with A and you still have that friendship with A. B was around for a bit and although you met B first, the friendship didn't really develop between you two and has now more or less fizzled out. I agree that you should leave it and focus on your friendship with A and others.

Bumblequeen Mon 29-Aug-11 18:24:12

Thanks for your advice. Just feeling a bit low and sorry for myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now