Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do you...

(8 Posts)
mumof4sons Mon 29-Aug-11 09:56:19

broach the subject of using sex toys with a new partner?

I have a new partner. He is a fantastic guy and it has been great discovering each other sexually. He makes my toes curl, if you know what I mean, however, I want to try some sex toys.

I was married for 19 years and sex was always a bit boring and I was to shy to say what I wanted. I feel I have missed out on a lot.

I'm 46 and have found a new confidence in bed with my new man to say what I want, but that shy side of me doesn't know how to broach the subject of toys. I want to try the toys. I want to give him a lot of pleasure and receive the pleasure too.

wileycoyote Mon 29-Aug-11 22:40:15

Just mention it and ask him what he thinks?

Pizzaguy Tue 30-Aug-11 01:27:29

What kind of toys have you got in mind?s have you got in mind?

Solo Tue 30-Aug-11 01:31:57

You must have an inkling as to whether he'd like this or not?
Or you could just get some and bring one or two out with a big smile on your face?

TheDreamWeaver Tue 30-Aug-11 19:04:25

Start conversation about things he's done: How many partners, What was the Weirdest place he's had sex, Has he done it outdoors, ask as many questions as you can think of and share your own stories and lead on to whether he's used toys before?

Though he might not like to hear about you and other men....

kaluki Wed 31-Aug-11 13:16:06

Just ask. Be honest, say you fancy trying them and see what he says.
I bet he'll be thrilled grin

TheFlyingOnion Wed 31-Aug-11 16:04:56

Wait until he's all blissed out after (amazing) sex and then say "Honey, that was so incredible. You are a total stud. Can we go shopping together for sex toys and then have a sexy evening trying them out?"

There is no way he'll say no.

You can miss out the stud bit if you like...

NanettaStocker Wed 31-Aug-11 16:13:07

why don't the pair of you try www.mojoupgrade.com?

Give him a chance to be less shy too wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now