Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

feeling very lonely

(4 Posts)
lonelychilli Sun 28-Aug-11 23:54:06

I am feeling very sad and lonely at the thought that I will never again have somebody to hug me, to care for me and just have somebody to be there. In my job I look after other people, at home I look after other people, admittedly at home it is ones I love very much and I love my job but sometimes, just sometimes, where is the special person who can look out for me...

Name changed as people IRL know my usual Mumsnet name.

FabbyChic Sun 28-Aug-11 23:58:27

YOu will find that special someone when you least expect it.

I miss cuddles, someone to rest my head on when watching films, an arm around me when sleeping. I miss knowing that I don't have to carry all lifes problems on my own.

But, I also enjoy my own company, I enjoy not having to answer to anybody, and I like not having to cook for anybody but my son.

It is hard sometimes, but it does get easier.

happyclapper Mon 29-Aug-11 00:13:32

Never say never. You don't know what the future holds. No one does. My life at 48yrs old is the exact opposite of what it was at 38yrs ( for the better) and none of the changes were planned or expected.
Be open to change and change will come.

Maxine28 Mon 29-Aug-11 00:28:03

Sometimes it's the people that YOU are looking after that are actually looking after you. You will find that it's not always important having a 'lover' or husband. You need to find the strength in yourself and comfort in being you before you find someone for cuddles etc. I can see exactly where you are coming from... i LOVE cuddles... but confidence and self esteem will help you to get that special person who can give all of these wonderful things to you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now