Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Thread inspired by a thread. I know how we can afford the house I want. We just need another husband or wife!

(19 Posts)
PonceyMcPonce Thu 25-Aug-11 21:14:44

think about it.

Three salaries coming in. Three people to share childcare.
No need for an extra bedroom, we could get one of those bunk beds with a double at the bottom and all take turns!

Cost Xmas reduced as three lots of in laws to visit and enjoy their hospitality.

Three people to gang up on bolshy teenagers.
One designated driver, two could get hammered with no need for a taxi home.

The benefits are endless!

PonceyMcPonce Thu 25-Aug-11 21:23:38

Aw, will no-one play?

K999 Thu 25-Aug-11 21:28:22

I tried a threesome once. It went badly grin

ineedabodytransplant Thu 25-Aug-11 21:30:05

I wrote a long long message about the problems created with three people whether it was two men and one woman, or one woman and two men.

Don't think I could cope with the flaming I would get so erased it.

Good idea(maybe)grin

PonceyMcPonce Thu 25-Aug-11 22:12:35

Oh, stop being so conventional and mundane!

It could be someone else to palm off the ironing!

HerHissyness Thu 25-Aug-11 22:41:45

ooh, there was a thread (I hid) about someone TheOtherWife or something... Clearly Extended or some such bridge dweller, but you never know.... grin

UsingMainlySpoons Thu 25-Aug-11 22:46:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kickassangel Thu 25-Aug-11 23:03:48

what if they palm their ironing off on you?

i was watching the program about the poly family - the browns - i ^ definitely^ felt the most envious of the wife who went out to work, not the one at home doing childcare.

PonceyMcPonce Thu 25-Aug-11 23:11:16

Could be fab. I really think having a wife would suit me! I could offload share tons of stuff!

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 25-Aug-11 23:14:50

Poncey, I totally agree with you. I think that three-way relationships (2 men and 1 woman) is the way forward. I have though that since my early twenties. For me the main benefit is that three people will be able to provide financially and time/emotion wise for children and eachother.

In order to run a happy household, three adults are needed to bring in enough money, provide childcare, take care of domestic chores and have the time and energy to devote to the emotional care to the other adults in the relationship.

My reasoning for 1 woman and 2 men is reducing world population.

Everyone wins.
You want to start a Mumsnet campaign?grin

UsingMainlySpoons Thu 25-Aug-11 23:18:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PonceyMcPonce Fri 26-Aug-11 00:13:46

Maybe one marriage and one civil partnership?
Could one marry two people at the same moment so no pecking order?

Anniegetyourgun Fri 26-Aug-11 08:33:19

Oh god, as if one spouse wasn't enough trouble. Imagine the expense of two divorces.

PonceyMcPonce Fri 26-Aug-11 10:12:35

Agree two rubbish spouses would be awful, but two good ones would be great!

stripeybump Fri 26-Aug-11 10:16:36

Maybe a foursome would be more practical - we have friends, a couple who we spend loads of time with. We have actually fantasised about buying a house together. We could share childcare and resources, and all work p/t. No sex though grin

talkingnonsense Fri 26-Aug-11 10:20:14

Definitely 2 men- sahm, 2 salaries, DIY might get done and someone would always be up for it when you had a headache!

talkingnonsense Fri 26-Aug-11 10:21:24

In fact, one high earning intellectual type, and one sensitive yet practical to fix the car and the plumbing.

talkingnonsense Fri 26-Aug-11 10:23:40

One blond, and one dark, one clean shaven and one stubbly, one who liked cooking and one who liked tidying, one for skiing holidays and one for beach holidays... Sounds fab!

Lexilicious Fri 26-Aug-11 10:24:27

There was an article in my paper last weekend about a woman who did home insemination with her gay best friends and then they bought a big house together. Sounded quite sweet actually. A good case of those who care don't matter and vice versa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now